Please check your email.
Lead Data Scientist
Salary between £52,831 and £70,130
Location: Currently Remote / Will move to Hybrid working (Brighton) from April 2022
We’re looking for a Lead data scientist to help our client put their customers at the heart of all that they do.
If you can turn a wealth of data into a compelling picture which helps guide business decisions and can use complex maths and predictive models to create compelling visualisations, then we want to hear from you.
You’ll need to be a lateral thinker and be able to tell succinct stories with the images you’re creating, bringing insights to the fore which enable a data-driven business response.
No two days will be the same and occasionally the approach you take won’t be a binary option. But you’ll play a vital part in building bespoke data tools which will be used to help customers for many months and years to come
• Develop analyses and products that help the company understand its business and regulated community – including clear and compelling data visualisations
• Draw insights from data and present them with strong plain-English narratives and explanations for decision-makers
• Solve complex problems using both internal and external datasets.
• Build predictive models that help achieve strategic goals.
• Mentor and develop more junior members of the team.
Skills & Experience:
• Practical, applied and highly authoritative knowledge of specialized methods and processes, requiring considerable academic development in mathematics and statistics.
• Experience of instructing and supervising junior Data Specialists performing related activities that are precise in content and objective, providing analytical quality assurance.
• Competent in the use of open source programming languages, R and Python, as well as familiar with other languages on the estate
• Experience of communicating complex technical solutions in terms that non-technical stakeholders will understand, building trust in solutions that use novel or exploratory techniques
• Experience of developing and deploying machine learning models to automate processes and create efficiencies with the business or to generate the data we want from the data we have.
• Ability to use 3rd party APIs and advanced visualisations to democratise the data wheld, making it available and useful over and above the limitations of current systems.
• Experience of rapid assimilation and understanding of key business processes (both existing and developing), in order to identify opportunity for improvement.
Salary and benefits
In addition to a salary between £52,831 and £70,130:
• Civil Service Pension arrangements
• discretionary bonus arrangements
• access to performance related pay progression
• 25 days annual leave provision
• flexible working arrangements
• development opportunities
• enhanced parental leave arrangements
• a free employee assistance programme
If you are interested, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org