We have a growth role and opportunity! We are looking for our newest team member to join our team as a Sr. User Interface (UI) Software Engineer experienced in Angular2+ to help us build the next generation of customer facing web platforms for health professionals, educators, and students. The team is expanding existing nursing applications and building new ones to meet the ever-changing health care industry demands. This position will be part of an Agile team to quickly deliver products to our customers. If you're smart, motivated, creative, and dedicated to mastering existing and learning new technologies, please read on and help us make the practice of healthcare better through better learning.
The Sr. UI Software Engineer will be responsible for designing and building new products and enhancing existing systems. This role will work directly with our business partners, QE, and Dev-Ops to deliver robust solutions. This role is expected to contribute to all technical decisions, software designs and future software direction.
Responsible for but not limited to system/UI design, code development, implementation, process/standard setting and support of technical solutions for various customer facing online platforms. Responsibilities include working with the business to define future direction and requirements; contributing to the development, support, optimization, and maintenance of various applications; research and evaluating technology solutions; and working with distributed team members on many initiatives.
This position requires strong problem-solving skills, the ability to work in a diverse, dynamic, and fast paced environment, the ability to meet aggressive deadlines, the flexibility to multi-task, the aptitude to work well with the IT team, the initiative to improve upon best practices, excellent verbal and written communication skills and the skills to create documentation to comply with department requirements.
The team and projects run following the Scrum methodology. The position requires the ability to work independently with limited direct supervision. We strive to have a highly collaborative development team that communicates closely on their activities but are able to design and develop their code independently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES • Responsible for UI architecture, design, code, configuration, QA and implementation of high-quality software solutions that are delivered on time.
• Manage and optimize UI software builds, coding practices, standards, processes and refactoring of services. • Maintains the best practices needed to ensure on time, quality UI software solution deliverables. • Work with a distributed engineering team to foster a smooth development process among onsite and offshore team members.
• Develop and review project estimates and assumptions during planning and at key project milestones. Validate the UI development approach and assumptions that underlie the project plans and work plans.
• Ability to take ownership for a business feature from its technical design, through development, and overall implementation into the platform. • Participate in design, code, and QA walkthroughs and reviews.
Education: Preferred: Bachelor's degree or higher in a technically oriented field - preferable Computer Science Required: Equivalent formal training and at least 5+ years of relevant UI software design and development experience.
Experience: • 5+ years of enterprise experience with Angular2+ (with focus on Angular8 or above utilizing monorepo), ECMAScript 2015 or later (ES6 or later) and NGRX / Redux.
• Enterprise experience with unit testing, CI/CD practices, OOP, design patterns and best practices.
• Experience with agile development best practices, scrum methodology and working in a collaborative team, both with engineers and product management. Ability to pull work as required versus waiting for an assignment.
• Experience with ng-packagr (GitHub)
• Knowledge of and/or experience with Git.
Other Knowledge, Skills, abilities and Certificates: • Knowledge of and/or experience working with high traffic services/web sites. • Knowledge of and/or experience with Kubernetes, Docker and containers. • Knowledge of and/or experience working with AWS services (or other cloud providers). • Any experience with Ember is a plus.