Please check your email .
Network Project Engineer
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
An exciting opportunity has opened up at Node4 to join the Network Delivery team as a Network Project Engineer. We are looking for someone who is confident and able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders. This is a varied role working within both service provider and enterprise environments, across multiple devices types and technologies, with market leading vendors in a technology led business.
What will you be doing?
* Technical lead and ownership for the delivery of network projects fulfilling customers' requirements and meeting Node4 standards – with a focus on outcome-based project delivery
* Provision of network services within Node4 Data Centres, points of presence or to customer locations
* The provision of managed CPE which includes routers, switches, and firewalls – staging, upgrades, remote support for implementation, testing and handover to in life service
* The provision of managed network applications and virtual network appliances
* Manage work-in-progress deliverables including technical scope reviews, low level design documents, migration documents, network diagrams and handover documents
* Attend sales handover & project handover calls to understand deliverables
* Liaising with pre-sales, technical authorities, project managers, and customers to discuss projects – obtaining necessary technical information, and implementation of services and testing
* Mentoring of network provisioning engineers, and act as a technical escalation for those engineers
* To ensure exceptional quality consistent with network project deliver
Please read the full list of responsibilities in the job description attached.
What will you bring?
To carry out the role effectively it is important to demonstrate, have and maintain the following attributes:
* Strong analytical ability to support complex problem solving and presentation of issues and solutions into focused, structured content for both technical and non-technical audiences
* Exceptional customer facing skills that promote a positive, collaborative, and productive professional relationship
* Demonstrable professional experience with multiple networking technologies at an advanced professional specialism in at least one technology, including evidenced delivery and operational support experience with varied and complex environments and critical infrastructure with demanding SLAs
* Evidenced direct ownership responsibility for network projects delivering against critical success factors
* Experience with popular networking technologies in service provider and enterprise environments
* Evidenced comprehensive design, implementation, configuration & support of service provider and enterprise networks
* Experience of working in regulated change management environments based on ITIL principles
Why join us?
Recognised as one of the UK’s 100 Best Workplaces™ by Great Place to Work®, Node4 is an innovative Managed Services Provider, offering IT infrastructure and services, all flexibly deployed across our own infrastructure fabric and the public cloud.
We provide a range of solutions, including cloud services to support hybrid and multi-cloud models, connectivity, data services, collaboration, and security. This enables us to help UK businesses in every sector do more in the digital age.
Work for Node4 and you will be part of a friendly, supportive culture focused on delivering Exceptional Service as a Standard (ESaaS) to our customers – and one another