Please check your email .
* As head of the Business Systems team, to be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance, configuration and reliable operation of business systems.
* To take a leading role, alongside the project team, in the design, implementation and testing of new systems or system changes, including taking a leading role in supplier demonstrations and training sessions.
* To continuously document system set-ups, configurations and technical specifications so that detailed records are held of how the business systems have been initially established and later developed.
* To regularly monitor systems performance and identify issues or potential improvements, in part by maintaining regular communication with system users re the day-to-day questions they have regarding the systems.
* To have regard to how business system developments, workstreams and issues will impact the wider IT team and to ensure that communication with the rest of the team is proactive, positive and constructive.
* To be a knowledge champion of the company’s business systems sharing knowledge with all business areas and helping individuals get the most from the systems.
* To ensure that business systems are either backed-up on a complete, accurate and regular basis or that third party software providers have adequate back-up processes in place.
* To ensure that processes are in place such that users only access the systems they are required to and that access is removed on a timely basis where appropriate, e.g. where users leave the business.
* To work with business heads to formulate IT capital expenditure requirements.
* To line manage the business systems team on a day-to-day basis, managing their priorities and the quality of their work.
* To be actively involved in the recruitment, induction, training and on-going development of all team members.
Key Skills and Experience:
* Excellent knowledge of systems, ideally those relating to event ticketing, event management, catering, hospitality and head office systems, e.g. accounting, HR and payroll.
* Strong practical experience of change control processes and able to apply business system changes in a complete, accurate, secure and logical manner.
* Equally comfortable in making system changes yourself as to teaching others how to make system changes, e.g. those relating to event set-up or retail pricing changes.
* Practical experience of implementing new systems from initial planning stages to go-live and post go-live improvements is desirable.
* Practical experience of upgrading existing systems, including managing the testing process, is desirable.
* Strong team leader and considered a role model by others in the IT team and the wider business, especially in terms of supporting the on-going development and growth of the business.
* Strong communicator and able to translate complex ideas into simple language so that non-technical colleagues understand the information that is being passed to them.
* Strong working knowledge of security best practices.
* Ability to conduct research and provide recommendations into products and services as required.
* Ideally able to review a legal contract and identify key areas where further scrutiny may be required, including outside legal advice where appropriate.
* Excellent time management along with good organisational skills.
* Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and decision-making skills.
* Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
* Good relationship builder with third parties, e.g. software system providers.
* Willingness to work outside of normal UK office hours to react to exceptional work requirements.
If you are interested in this role, please apply now