Please check your email .
Senior Network Engineer
Public Sector Software Organisation
Up to £55,000 Plus Benefits
UK Field Based Role (MUST BE ELIGIBLE FOR SC CLEARANCE)
Cooper Lomaz are looking to recruit a Senior Network Engineer on behalf of our client, a Public Sector Organisation who provide services to the Emergency Services Industry.
This is a UK Field based role that involves travel and a challenging workload so applicants must have a Full UK Driving Licence and the flexibility to travel freely, as and when required.
As a Senior Network engineer you will be responsible for implementing scalable and highly available network architectures that meet customers' business objectives and SLAs, support the project engineering team and provide mission critical solutions that benefit operational service.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Configure and install various network and security devices and services (e.g. routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, QoS)
• Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hotfixes, and security configurations
• Perform security maintenance and diagnostics on firewalls.
• Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
• Ensure the deliver solution can support the customers' requirements for resource utilisation, trending, and capacity planning
• Provide Level 2nd & 3rd line support in troubleshooting to resolve issues
• Work within customers' established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval, and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
• Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company's security team.
• When required, create, review and update network & security documentation, for example, work plans, work instructions, and technical guides.
• The role holder will be required to work professionally in liaison with several internal teams to coordinate various activities and gather/provide the information required to complete the tasks at hand.
• The role can involve extensive customer contact on both a technical and non-technical level requiring a professional and adaptable approach to communication and interaction/service.
• The role will require working both in a team and, potentially autonomously where projects dictate a limited engineering requirement. An increasing level of autonomy is typically achieved after some time in post and suitable experience has been gained.
• Continually follow and adhere to outlined processes & procedures.
• Complete all activities within set deadlines and report appropriately any difficulties to achieve delivery milestones.
• Present a professional approach and attitude to all work undertaken.
• Promote a clean working environment. Adhere to all Health and Safety practices, rules and regulations.
In exchange for your commitment and hard work you can expect a generous salary. You would need to accept a company car, within the allotted band for business travel.
This role is primarily completed on customer sites as demand requires, therefore you will be expected to work from a variety of locations and extensive travel should be expected, including overnight stays.
If this vacancy sounds like its for you then please contact Cooper Lomaz today.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships