Please check your email .
Suitable for: Bid Writer / Submissions Manager / Bid Manager with approx. 5 years bid writing or professional writing experience
Salary: To £60k
Our client is a successful software supplier within the healthcare sector creating products that change communication and improve efficiency within the sector. They have an immediate requirement for a Bid Writer and Bid Manager
The Bid Writer works as part of the Bid Support Team, to assist with business development and marketing activities. The team provides a dedicated and specialised knowledge base, with professional writing skills and benefits realisation experience. The Bid Writer will possess well-honed presentation and communications skill, in addition to subject matter expertise.
The Bid Writer role is suitable for someone with experience, persuasive interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and a track record of collaboration, as well as the skills listed below.
* Strong written English language skills
* Five years’ experience of professional writing / or bid writing
* Ability to organise and co-ordinate areas of work for yourself
* Ability to cope under pressure; a successful and proven track record in working to tight deadlines in a busy challenging environment
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills (listening and articulation)
* Ability to influence, organise, and plan at a senior level
* Personable and enthusiastic with good attention to detail
* Ability to create original copy and re-write other’s copy
* Preparation and evaluation of tender responses
* NHS or Private Care experience
* Knowledge of the NHS current market client bases and bid writing for Electronic Patient Records (EPR) and/or other NHS clinical departments
* Sales Experience
* Commercial, legal and financial skills
* Experience of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and proposal automation software
* Evidence of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for relevant professional qualifications
* Degree educated (ideally in English or Journalism), or a journalistic/professional writing background
* Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) qualifications
* Deliver completed written proposal responses and other sales-focused content to agreed deadlines, using both personal knowledge and information gained from a variety of available sources
* Provide company and product/service information
* Provide bid copy, both as “final copy” as well as “pre-population” intended for Subject Matter Experts to amend
* Review and edit internal colleagues’ input to tender responses
* Assist the Bid Support Team Lead, Sales Lead and Bid Manager in developing a proposal structure; identifying, and articulating key win themes
* Manage the expectations of sales personnel over the feasibility and credibility of delivering desired tender content (the art of what is possible)
* Communicate closely with colleagues to ensure the highest possible quality bid is achieved within the deadlines. This includes liaising with various internal teams, third parties, and business partners
* Lead storyboard session with Bid Management and Bid Support Team members, as well as key stakeholders (including a network of Subject Matter Experts)
* Coach colleagues in writing best practice
* Highlight issues and lessons learned to improve our win rate
* Adhere to the relevant bid approval process
* Ensure that all new proposal content is recorded in the company’s knowledge base/proposal automation tool for potential re-use
Full Job description is available on request.
To apply: Please follow the online application process and upload your CV, in Word format
Please note: You must be eligible to work in the UK for your application to be considered (sorry, our client is unable to offer sponsorship). Due to large numbers of applications, unfortunately we cannot provide detailed feedback to everyone, however, if you wish to find out how your application is progressing, please call or e-mail the office and someone will help you / get back to you.