Please check your email .
Due to continued growth, our client are looking to expand their team with an IT Support Assistant in Burnley.
The successful candidate will have proven experience of working in an IT support role, along with an Apprenticeship or BTEC National Diploma Level IT Certification or above.
* To provide help desk support for staff for hardware, software, audio-visual, photocopiers and telephone equipment.
* Setting up new users and managing backup, security and passwords. monitoring internet and email use.
* Assist with crisis situations of complex technical hardware or software problems
* Securing data from internal and external attacks
* Providing secure access to the network for remote users
* To assist with the purchase, setting up, maintenance and repair of computers, audio-visual equipment, computer-linked equipment and computer-related equipment.
* To occasionally install and configure software applications.
* To help produce and maintain I.T statistics, reports, checklists and other documentation as necessary.
* To help maintain appropriate stock levels of computer consumables and accessories and to raise purchase orders as necessary ensuring that value for money is obtained.
* To assist with the upkeep of the organisation I.T. inventory
* To maintain satisfactory standards of safety and security in relation to computers and equipment.
* To be able to diagnose a variety of hardware, software and network issues in a timely fashion and provide appropriate solutions where required.
* To be able to program and maintain switching and routing hardware.
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
Apprenticeship or BTEC National Diploma Level IT Certification or above
Enthusiasm to learn and strong work ethic
Excellent organization and time management
Helpdesk/Desktop support environment experience
A full UK driving license
Good troubleshooting skills, both onsite and remotely
Basic knowledge of IT networking and configuration
Windows OS [7/10/11], Windows Server [2012/2016/2019], Linux OS (Ubuntu, Centos)
Microsoft exchange server office 365 / Exchange hybrid deployment.
Knowledge of Microsoft 365.
Experience with desktop applications [Office, Chrome, Adobe and Anti-Virus software.
Active Directory and related Microsoft services experience
Experience of Virtualisation technologies (Hyper-V)
Understanding of SQL and SAP Crystal Reports
Experience in managing suppliers throughout issue resolution
Understanding or experience of time-critical manufacturing processes, and supporting technology
Experience with ERP system
Assist with the Cyber Security program (Training, MFA)
This is a permanent position based at the clients site in Burnley.
Salary is dependent upon experience.
Working a 39-hour week
7.45am -5pm Monday to Thursday and 7.45am to 1pm on Friday