Please check your email .
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Software Developer to design, plan, and lead development of the Mouse Colony Management System within a Biomedical Services institution. The successful candidate will provide the MCMS as Software as a Service product for their customers in academic and commercial establishments and will be part of a small team of Software Developers and User Support Engineers that develop, deliver, and support the MCMS software.
* Degree level scientific subject such as Mathematics, Computing, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
* Extensive experience with software development processes as well as designing and solving complex business problems by writing simple, effective code.
* Experience of writing and collaborating on highly insightful, comprehensive code reviews.
* Experience with RDBMS databases, preferably Oracle.
* Proficient in one or more programming languages, one of which must be Java.
* Excellent understanding of agile practices.
* Ability to understand system and software specifications and use appropriate designs to meet requirements.
* Ability to debug complex problems.
* Take technical responsibility across all stages and iterations of software development including planning and driving software construction activities.
* Select, adopt, and adapt appropriate software design methods, tools and techniques selecting from plan-driven or iterative/agile approaches.
* Install and test new versions of system software, investigate and coordinate the resolution of potential and actual service problems.
* Assess and analyse release components, provide input to scheduling and carry out builds and tests in coordination with the wider team. This will include maintaining and administering the tools and methods - manual or automatic.
* Identify and evaluate alternate architectures and the trade-offs in cost, performance, and scalability – support a change programme or project through the preparation of technical plans and application of design principles that comply with enterprise and solution architecture standards including security.
* Provide second line support to the User Support Engineers to identify and resolve bugs and data consistency issues within the application.
* Provide cover for help desk duties when required to cover staff absence or periods of high-volume requests.
* Contribute to the development of organisational policies, standards, and guidelines for software development.
* Project support to the Operations Director and MCMS Database Manager with projects concerning future MCMS development, new technology integration and delivery of projects to implement the MCMS into further research establishments.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people, we will conduct a comprehensive background and pre-employment screening, an essential part of Agenda's recruitment process