Please check your email .
Job title: System Engineer
Reporting to: Resource Service Delivery Manager
Responsible for: Providing IT support to Various customer as/when required
Based at: Various customer sites
This role is for a System Engineer within the Resource Services' technical resource pool, providing IT support services, predominantly based on customer sites.
JOB SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
* Business as usual and Project based tasks in relation to Desktop and Laptop support
* Lifting and moving IT desktop equipment is likely to be required
* Travel to customer locations - as directed
* Provide excellent customer service to achieve continuous customer satisfaction
* To operate within the OLA/SLAs defined by the customer to ensure agreed levels of service are met.
* Troubleshoot problems by telephone, remote access or deskside working in a timely manner to meet agreed service levels to resolution.
* To maintain and continuously develop existing technical skills to ensure that they remain current with the latest technology/operating systems/applications/hardware.
* To work well within a team environment, by providing strong communications, technical expertise, acting on appropriate instruction, acceptance of constructive feedback and taking ownership for apportioned workload.
* To work at the directive of your line manager to deliver a specific task, group of tasks or ad hoc projects appropriate to your skillset.
* IT Support background and experience in end user computing
* Appropriate customer facing/user support experience - Tier 1 and 2
* Experience with building physical and virtual machines
* Proficient with operating systems, such as, but not limited to:
o Windows 7 - 10
o Windows Server (Apply online only)
* Basic working knowledge of server infrastructure and networking
* Technical troubleshooting in heterogeneous environments
* Experience working with ticketing systems such as ServiceNow
* Knowledge and understanding of working to defined SLAs
* Understanding of IT workflows/ITIL practices
* All round Deskside support in a corporate environment.
* Printer support - Hands on, change waste toner cartridges and toners, diagnose faults on standalone printers and installation of new devices.
* Windows Operating Systems v7/10.
* Mobile Phone Support, Apple Smart Devices, iPads, Mobiles.
* Outlook Clients
* Office 365.
* Computer Domains, adding computer names to domains, Passwords, AD Admin
* Laptop Hardware investigation skills.
* Hardware Familiarity, simple Hardware component swaps.
* Network Printer Support and Set up
* Good Communication face to face skills
* Ability to pitch technical conversations at the required level
* An excellent troubleshooting mentality
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
* Ability to multitask, handle high workloads and high call volumes in a busy working environment
* Proactive approach to problem solving and service improvement
* Ability to cross train and pick up different technologies as required
* Ability to liaise effectively with users and other support team members
* Demonstrable experience in the following technologies:
* Windows 7, 8.1 and 10
* Office (Apply online only) and 365
* Active Directory
* Mobile phones (iOS, Microsoft and Android)
* Video Conferencing
* Ability to handle day-to-day technical issues, including but not limited to:
* Printer issues
* Performance issues with user devices
* Hardware fixes and warranty management
* Installs, moves and changes
* Password resets
* Application failures
* Setting up mobile devices
* BOYD support
* Phone support (deskside and mobile)
* Ability to support and deal with all types of users across a wide spectrum of capability and seniority.
* Positive 'can do' attitude and work ethic to fully complete tasks
* Empathetic to customers' challenges
* Self-motivated but knows when to seek guidance and escalate
* Willing to accept change
* Flexible - ability to change priorities quickly and the capacity to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment
* Self-starter, able to work independently but also a strong, dependable team player
* Prepared to 'go above and beyond' in delivering service on time and to the highest standards
* Perceptive to the end-customer's mood, urgency and deadlines.
* Strong emphasis on delivering an excellent customer experience, while working under pressure with urgency, with an ability to communicate professionally to all levels of the business.
* Excellent interpersonal and client-facing skills
* Motivated to upskill and take training courses when not aligned to customer project/demand