Please check your email .
My client is looking to recruit an Ecommerce tech Lead for their team based in Harrogate. The role of Ecommerce Tech Lead will be responsible for the online retail technical direction of the business and the quality of solutions delivered to both internal users and customers.
We’re looking for someone with ideally 8 years’ experience in developing leading Ecommerce technology solutions (centred around the Shopify platform) and who has a detailed understanding of consumer and retail trends. This commercially savvy candidate will help define and implement technology that can allow the business to be a recognised leader in the consumer online retail space.
Owning the relationships with current and future third-party system and technology partners, this person will assume responsibility for growing the function as required to support the continued growth of the business.
There is the opportunity to work from home on a part time basis, but initial training will be based at the office.
* Operate as a senior leader within the business
* Manage third-party development agencies, software and system providers to improve the digital product, as well as related internal systems and integrations in a cost-effective manner
* Help define and deliver the technical business strategy and direct technical resources to maximise productivity, deliver new products and drive initiatives to improve operational efficiency within the business
* Work with the Systems and IT Department to ensure that the system architecture and infrastructure is appropriate for both current and future growth, and that the online platform integrates optimally with other core business systems
* Identify and leverage appropriate technology to further the business – from a commercial point of view (e.g. growing sales) and a brand positioning point of view (e.g. improving customer service and consumer experience)
* Develop and/or where required manage major technical projects through to delivery, to improve efficiencies, enhance functionality and future-proof the technology stack
* Define and own the product roadmap, aligned with the business strategy and objectives
* Bring technology, retail and consumer interests to the business and identify how the business should react to these trends and insights
* Act as a linchpin between the technical side of the business and marketing. Keeping all business stakeholders abreast of technical direction, communicating complex ideas in a non-technical and digestible manner
* Work with Marketing and Customer Experience to continually review processes, tools and applications to ensure the business maintains the best possible Ecommerce experience, customer service and achieves the business commercial goals through technology
* Manage and support the future internal digital/technology team
CORE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
* A Shopify expert – plugged into the Shopify community and what’s next for the platform
* Have in-depth knowledge of working with Shopify APIs
* Proficient in using version control for Shopify theme development
* Well versed in Payment Gateways, Inventory Management, Navigation and checkout procedures from a Shopify perspective
* Able to analyse and understand technology, consumer and retail trends and how these impact in how we adapt our brand and service proposition
* IT skills with competent understanding of both front and back-end website systems and software, together with complimentary website management and servicing software and competent use of Microsoft Office (including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel)
* A bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business and Technology Systems or relevant experience
* 8+ years’ experience in implementing IT solutions supporting B2B and B2C marketing (CRM, marketing automation, web CMS, etc.)
* Good knowledge of modern digital customer relationship tools, from both a functional (customer engagement, virtual agent, data analytics, etc.) and a technical perspective (Cloud deployment, security, etc.)
* Full-cycle experience in implementing IT solutions in agile mode
* Familiar with the enterprise architecture process (business, application, information, etc.) within preliminary studies and project.
If you are interested please call Helen