Please check your email .
Job Title: Desktop Support Analyst
Location: Bristol, UK - Onsite
Compensation: Up to £30,000 + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 45087
Creating change together
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Desktop Support Analyst at our Stoke Gifford, Bristol site.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS)
The Desktop Support Analyst role is based within our Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) business unit.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
The difference our new Desktop Support Analyst will make
As a Desktop Support Analyst, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary, by working on a multiple site basis for an international defence company.
Day to day, you'll be maintaining, supporting and implementing the desktop environments at a second line level; to include fault fix, swap out of equipment and request fulfilment as required across Babcock International Group on a multiple site basis.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
* Knowledge of the ITIL environment and process essential.
* Provide 2nd Line desktop support to users in a MS Win7 and Win10 environment.
* Answering support queries via phone, email and in person.
* Work with a service desk tool to ensure requests are logged, updated, and closed to agreed SLA's.
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
* Pension members - death in service 4 times base salary
* Paternity - 2 full weeks pay
* Maternity & Adoption leave - 20 weeks full pay - 13 weeks SMP
* CSP - Up to 5 years service - 26 weeks full pay, 5 to 10 years service - 39 weeks full pay, 10 years plus - 52 weeks full pay
* Working from home and flexible work patterns
* Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview