Please check your email .
Our fast-growing client based in Reigate is seeking a Senior IT Project Engineer to join their team.
The Senior IT Project Engineer will be offered a Hybrid working model, some local travel will also be involved.
This company is experiencing accelerated growth, these exciting times mean that they are currently looking for a self-motivated and personable Senior IT Project Engineer to help them continue to drive this success forwards.
MFK Recruitment has successfully recruited 14 candidates to this company within the past 3 years. The company is very keen on having individuals who are keen to learn new technologies and progress in their careers.
The senior project engineer will be primarily responsible for owning the process from pre-sales support through scoping to project delivery. Working with our vendors, you will need knowledge of products and services to enable you to scope and deliver the very best cutting-edge technology to our customers.
This role acts as the liaison between the Sales and Technical Teams within the company to ensure proactive sales that incorporate high-grade technical recommendations to demonstrate my client’s calibre, and leads to efficient and effective project delivery (both internal and external).
The Senior IT Project Engineer will also work with the project manager and assume project management responsibilities when required to ensure project objectives and requirements are clear and agreed upon by all team members, and are subsequently delivered to a high level.
The right candidate should have a strong technical background with a proven track record in project delivery and 2nd/3rd technical support and will enjoy working with customers and external audiences. As a growing company, we are looking for someone eager to learn and accelerate their career path whilst contributing to and supporting the delivery of my client’s services.
Senior IT Project Engineer – Responsibilities:
* To lead projects as Project Lead and schedule delegated actions and responsibilities where needed
* Assist the sales teams with technical knowledge pertaining to the products and services offered by the company
* Provide technical specifications for a quote or proposal within SLA
* Work in partnership with account managers to prepare client technical assessments and ensure key information is captured in our documentation management system, IT Glue
* Ensure full project process is followed including review meetings
* Prepare project scope of works including out of scope items
* Prepare project user acceptance tests (UATs) and ensure completion
* Ensure early identification of out of scope works during project implementation and work with the Account Manager and customer to expand scope/associated charges where required
* Work with third party contractors and assume responsibility for effective delivery of scope
* Interpret customer requirements; speak with customers or prospects to understand their needs and relay this information to the sales team
Senior IT Project Engineer – skills & experience required:
* Technical background, with previous experience in a technical support or project delivery role
* Proven track record in successful project delivery
* Knowledge and experience designing, installing, configuring and supporting environments including:
* Microsoft 365 (Exchange Online, Sharepoint Online, Teams, OneDrive)
* Microsoft Endpoint Manager (Intune)
* Google Workspace
* Google Chrome Enterprise Management
* Microsoft Windows Server (Active Directory, Group Policy, file services, database services)
* Small to medium-sized corporate networks (switch topology, VLANs, redundancy and stacking, wireless connectivity and security)
* Firewall, unified threat management (UTM) and content filtering solutions (SonicWALL, Smoothwall, Watchguard preferred)
* Security services including anti-malware, Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR), email security and identity/SSO
* Audio-visual solutions (interactive displays, projectors, sound systems)
* Familiarity with security standards such as Cyber Essentials and IASME
* Skill in preparing written communications and materials for both technical and non-technical users
* Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment