Please check your email .
Location: Barrow, hybrid working available
Salary: from £37,789 depending on experience
What you'll be doing:
* Designing and building effective application integration
* Providing application design, guidance and consultation utilizing available technology, tools, and existing designs
* Determining and implementing the most efficient and cost-effective solution
* Providing guidance on latest technology trends and future directions
* Analysing highly complex business requirements
* Designing and creating technical specifications to design or redesign complex and reusable components
* Analysing problems outlined by Product Managers, Architects, Technical Leads in terms of detailed technology requirements and capabilities
* Providing estimation, prototyping, and analysing of efforts for project modelling
* Overseeing efficient deployment of applications into production
* Developing documentation to aid users and supporting staff in the operation and maintenance of Applications
* Providing Level 3 Support for existing application, providing code fixes and resolving production issues
Your skills and experiences:
* Experience of Java Development
* Experience with Java Application Servers such as Oracle Weblogic
* Experience working with SOA (Service-Orientated Architecture) design concept and middleware products
* Experience with relational databases such as Oracle
* Experience working with Agile development methodologies and tools
* Experience with build scripts and automated deployment
You'll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You'll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
You'll be part of a small, multidisciplinary team, designing and building software products. The team is mainly composed of in-house developers but can be supplemented, at times, with external resources depending on project size. Working in sync through collaboration and an efficient process, to develop the software geared towards meeting the business goals. The team are expected to follow different software development life cycle models, such as the waterfall model or Agile methodology such as Scrum.
Within this role you will have opportunity to develop your knowledge with software engineering tools and work with new technologies. You will also get experience in other business areas related with software/engineering.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you'll be able to make a real difference. You'll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you'll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation