Please check your email .
We have an exciting opportunity for a Service Desk Team Lead to join our fast-growing client.
This role is ideal for an individual with team leadership experience or, are you a 2nd Line Engineer, with mentoring experience ready to take the next step?
MFK Recruitment has successfully recruited 14 candidates to this company within the past 3 years! The company is very keen on having individuals who are keen to learn new technologies and progress in their careers.
Service Desk Team Lead – job purpose:
To meet customer requirements efficiently and strive to resolve customer issues by delivering the right solutions first time, on time, every time. Problem ownership with clear, concise customer communication whilst managing expectations by that in person, over the phone or via remote connectivity.
To manage a team of engineers ensuring support tickets are responded to within agreed SLA’s and engineers are mentored and developed.
Service Desk Team Lead – main responsibilities:
* Provide level 2 server, network and desktop technical support, diagnosing customer issues and providing a high level of first time fix
* Incident and problem management – taking over from 1st line engineers where escalation is required
* Provide exceptional service support to internal and external customers
* Provide solution(s)/work around(s) to incident and problems highlighting and escalating concerns over delivery to agreed customer SLA’s
* Responsible for achieving agreed service levels at both team and individual level
* Responsible for ensuring that all tickets within the team are analysed for urgency and impact and then prioritized and allocated accordingly and in line with agreed service levels
* Responsible for direct management of a team of engineers including; identification of skills gaps, creation of skills matricies, development and implementation of training programme at both individual and team level, tangible reporting to show a service improvement link between programme and individual performance
* Responsible for performance management of a team, regular score check-in’s, regular performance reviews both at individual and team level, highlighting areas for improved achievement, as well as introducing performance development plans and where necessary managing disciplinary reviews, reviews including performance grading and salary recommendations
Service Desk Team Lead – qualifications & knowledge:
* 2+ years of experience as an Engineer or Team Lead
* Experience of working in a customer facing role
* Familiar with working to SLA’s to meet customer and requirements
* GSCE Maths and English
Service Desk Team Lead – skills & experience:
* Strong interpersonal skills; able to communicate verbally and in writing to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Creative, analytical problem solver with the ability to apply original and innovative thinking
* Able to work both within a team and using own initiative
* PC/Server hardware – upgrade, both hardware and firmware, RAID configurations, iLO
* Active Directory – configures sites and services, resolve issues
* Firewalls, routers & VPN’s – install, configure and troubleshoot
* Office 365 – create accounts, breakdown, trouble shoot issues, AD sync etc
* Switches – install and configure, setup VLAN’s, tagging, breakdown, trouble shoot issues