Please check your email .
Stratton Recruitment are delighted to be working with an independent technology company where scientists, engineers and designers collaborate to invent and develop new products and technologies – Your work will help facilitate life-changing inventions!
Do you want to use your skills to make a real tangible difference to people’s lives? As a Graduate Software engineer you will work within multi-disciplinary project teams to invent new products and technologies. This role will suit someone who enjoys using their technical skills and knowledge – and who is always looking to develop these. You could find yourself working in all aspects of software development – from concept generation and algorithm design to implementation in embedded and cloud-based resources.
For example, you could be developing neural networks for human-multi-robot collaborative teams or creating an app that helps people with specific health problems like borderline personality disorder. Consultant Software Engineers are free to work autonomously, using their own initiative to balance responsibilities and pose interesting solutions.
* A 1st or 2:1 in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline. You will be bright, with a strong academic record demonstrating a good grasp of the first principles of your subject.
* Coding experience in at least one language. Python, C, C++ are preferred.
* You should have experience of writing substantial pieces of software, and you should be able to read and understand code written by others.
* Communication Skills – Being able to communicate your understanding and explain your ideas is an important aspect of consultancy.
We know that success isn’t just about fulfilling our requirements, you’ll also want to think about what makes us appealing to you. You will thrive if you enjoy taking on new responsibilities and using your own initiative to seek new objectives. If you like to use your technical knowledge in a practical way to create cool things, you will be surrounded by likeminded people!
Our client is an employee-owned business operating from green surroundings in Cambridgeshire. Their working culture encourages entrepreneurship, shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you with the freedom to do your best work. They value collaborative culture, and the benefit in-person interaction brings to their colleagues and to the business; also understanding the importance of work-life balance and offer flexibility in how you self-manage your working week.
* Annual profit-related bonus
* Employer pension contribution of 12% of pensionable pay
* Private medical insurance for employees and dependants
* Free lunch and all-day refreshments
* Life insurance worth 6 x salary
* 25 days holiday
* Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, with the option to return part-time for a year
* Electric car leasing scheme
* Cycle to work scheme
* Season ticket loan
* A wide range of activities including squash, Zumba, yoga, arts and crafts, and their own rock band!
* Local sports facilities and theatre discounts and memberships
* A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable