Please check your email .
We have an exciting opportunity for a Front-End Developer to join our multi-award-winning client, based in Borehamwood.
This is a hybrid working role and the Front-End Developer can work from home for 60% of the week.
My client is a very well-known brand, they have won several awards for ‘Best places to work’ due to their benefits and culture. They also have a rating of 4.5/5 stars on Glassdoor!
MFK Recruitment has successfully recruited 4 candidates to this company in the past 18 months, all 4 individuals are still with them and enjoying their roles!
First, a bit about the Front-End Developer role:
We are looking for a front-end developer, keen to build great consumer products within an enthusiastic and collaborative team.
Reporting to the Web Development Manager, you will form part of a dedicated cross-functional team that also includes Product and Design. This role will have the opportunity to feed into development processes and continuous improvements to ways of working. An interest in usability and accessibility is highly desirable.
A bit more about the role Front End Developer role:
* Work as part of a diverse Agile Product & Development Team on customer-facing platforms, actively participating in sprint ceremonies.
* Create and maintain re-usable, flexible & responsive front-end code for web applications.
* Implementation of UI designs and responsibility to provide recommendations for optimisation.
* Develop a deep understanding of the tech stack, data model and business requirements and provide technical and optimisation advice whenever necessary.
And now a bit about you:
* Minimum of 3 years as a front-end/UX developer
* Good Experience of implementing React framework.
* Advanced knowledge of CSS & modern layout methods (Flex, CSS Grid)
* CSS pre-processors (SASS, LESS)
* CSS frameworks, specifically Bootstrap 3 and 4
* Advanced skills in the design, build and optimization of reusable, front-end code.
* Solid experience of Git and associated version control processes
* Agile and working within an Agile Development Team
* Experience of working with design systems / style guides, patterns and modular components.
* Sketch, InVision, Zeplin or similar for developer hand-off
* Experience working with wireframes, prototypes and other design files to build complex responsive layouts.
* UX/UI Design experience beneficial
Delivering happiness with their benefits…
* Flexible & Remote working
* 25 days annual leave (excl public holidays), holidays increase by 1 day per year and goes up to a max of 30 days a year (excl public holidays).
* 4 weeks paid sabbatical for every 5 years of work experience.
* Additional leaves linked to Maternity/Paternity etc.
* A generous, company-matched pension scheme.
* Free Private Health Insurance.
* Trained in-house Mental Health First Aiders.
* #Allaboutyou employee wellbeing program, in addition to a host of various wellbeing-related benefits at the office (breakfast/fruit days, games room, relaxation room etc).
* Charity match funding & up to 6 days volunteering days per year.
* Experience vouchers to treat yourself for every work anniversary that you have with us.
* Lifestyle benefits, shopping perks & freebies through Perkbox.
* Training and development programs