Please check your email .
2nd Line Support
Location: Brookwood (near Woking)
Hybrid / Remote Working
Are you looking for a highly rewarding role within a dynamic and growing business? Do you see yourself as having strong problem solving and analytical skills? Are you seeking a Hybrid working opportunity to allow for a healthy work-life balance?
We are recruiting a 2nd Line Support to join one of our product teams that focuses on providing support for a large scale, national solution responsible for recruiting all junior doctors to the NHS. The Technical Support Specialist will work as an integral part of the product team to deliver second line support to our end users. You will be responsible for investigating live system issues, working as a second line point of escalation to our end users, and recommending technical fixes to the code base.
If you love to problem solve and are a guru with SQL, our recruitment team would love to hear from you!
Your New Role:
* Providing 2nd line technical support to clients and the internal development team via email, phone or face to face.
* Investigating, triaging and problem-solving technical and system issues that arise from live applications.
* Create complex ad-hoc reports using T-SQL to fulfil client requests.
* Troubleshooting and diagnosing technical issues in SQL server and the supporting web application.
* Actively monitor live systems to ensure issues are identified quickly.
* Assisting 3rd line support with build and deployment of software releases.
* Updating support ticket logs to ensure all notes, progress and required actions have been input promptly and accurately.
* Provide input into the team’s technical forums and technical specifications.
* Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
* An analytical mind, capable of understanding complex data structures and bespoke business concepts.
* Experience of T-SQL including queries, stored procedures and functions.
* Comprehensive understanding and experience of software and databases.
* Knowledge and experience of using IIS for monitoring, maintenance and deployment.
* Understanding of basic Windows operating system and networking principles.
* Knowledge of software development languages including .NET, C#, MVC, etc.
What we give back to you!
Competitive Negotiable Salary
35 hour working week
Private healthcare scheme, subject to qualifying employment period and scheme eligibility
Stakeholder pension opportunities, subject to scheme qualification criteria
25 days holiday per year + bank holidays
Company social events
Holiday purchase scheme
Career progression opportunities
Flexible working scheme
Hybrid working scheme
Office perks – fresh fruit, pool table, games & puzzles, teas & coffees!
We are proud of our Investors in People Silver status and are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment