Please check your email .
Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km of pipes, keeping taps flowing and toilets flushing.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to life, so our business is always open.
We are offering a daily rate between £(Apply online only) for this 3 month contract which is inside IR35.
What you’ll be doing:
· Define and shape programmes of technology-enabled change to deliver the greatest return on the investment for Thames Water (note that return may not be limited to financial return)
· Define, manage and deliver a coherent set of business outcomes to realise this return, including whole programme responsibility for business change
· Shape projects and ensure delivery of project outcomes
· Identify and manage dependencies within the programme and across the portfolio
· Ultimate accountability for the successful delivery of projects within the programme and realisation of the business outcomes
· Management of project teams and suppliers to ensure the best possible outcome for Thames Water
We’re looking for you to do
· Ensure stakeholders are well-informed and aligned to the programme
· Use effective governance and control to ensure informed decision making and effective delivery
· Clearly define, document and deliver against the programme vision
· Support and manage the programme team, including project managers, to deliver milestones
· Identify and secure the appropriate level and capability of resources required to deliver the programme
· Potential line management of project managers and other team members by Thames Water performance management frameworks and relevant HR policies.
· Define the required investment to deliver the programme
· Manage the costs of the programme within the approved budget and tolerance levels, by Thames Water standards.
· Developing and managing programme plans
· Delivering the projects within the programme in line with the approved business case
· Actively managing and escalating risks and issues, including maintenance of the RAID register
· Completing reports as required by the PMO and Thames Water
· Managing the approval and sign-off of deliverables
· Implementing and managing the required governance standards and boards to control the programme and ensure effective delivery
· Identifying, managing, tracking and reporting on benefits achieved by the programme
· Capturing lessons learned from the programme
· Participating in any assurance activity managed by the PMO
· Adheres to Corporate Policies and Procedures, including Code of Conduct, Audit Procedures and any control related responsibility for financial data entered, stored, or reported via business systems within employees’ control (list not exhaustive).
What Skills are we looking for?
Degree or equivalent qualification
Prince2 or MSP Practitioner Qualified
P3O qualification or good understanding Good understandingEssential Experience
Significant experience in managing large, complex business change programmes that include IT/ technology components
Fully familiar with the industry-standard programme and project delivery approaches and their application in a real project environment
Identifies goals/objectives and motivates others towards their achievement
Experience in line and team management
Experience in applying standard project management frameworks (tools, techniques)
People Management/Coaching/Development/Resourcing deliverables and outcomes
Budget Management and ControlPlease note this role is inside IR35
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we may close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is so we can manage all the applications properly and give candidates a positive experience. Once closed, we can’t consider any further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment