Please check your email .
We are currently partnered with a Cambridge based organisation with an on-site working structure who are seeking a Network and Security Manager in supporting, maintaining, and enhancing the Institute's network infrastructure and network equipment. They will possess strong troubleshooting and fault-finding skills to be able to respond to any network-related incidents and maintain network stability.
They will assist with the support and maintenance of networking equipment including both wired and wireless services; switches; routers; firewalls; IPS; telephony infrastructure; and network integrated services across the Campus.
They will work with the Network and Security Manager to help identify network improvements and enhancements; monitor performance; and ensure the network meets the continuing needs of the Institute's science and business operations.
Key areas of Responsibility:
• Network services support, troubleshooting and initial fault finding.
• Assist with and support the Institute network, equipment and infrastructure, including:
• Infrastructure and UTP/Fibre cable installations.
• Network port patching, port moves and VLAN configuration.
• Network core and edge switches; routers; firewalls and IPS devices.
• Network equipment and device upgrades.
• Wireless infrastructure and services, including eduroam; and tenant WiFi services.
• Telephone infrastructure, including PBX, ISDN, and SIP trunks.
• VPN and remote access services.
• Assist with maintenance and improvements to Institute network security, including:
• Updating and patching network devices.
• Maintaining network security to Institute and Janet policies.
• Maintain firewall rules, security policies, web filter profiles, ACLs, security tables and IPS signatures.
• Monitor and report on network performance, traffic and capacity.
• Assist with improvements to network design, resilience, scalability and performance.
• Provide support for the connectivity of network integrated services across Campus.
Maintain and contribute to Network documentation to a high standard.
We are committed to equality of opportunity, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships