Please check your email .
The Service Desk Team Leader is part of the Customer Support Service and is responsible for the line management of the Service Desk Support team.
The Service Desk Team Leader role is responsible for managing the operation of the Service Desk. This role is crucial to ensuring customer requirements are met in terms of communication, prioritising, escalating and resolving incidents and requests.
To work alongside other Support Team Leaders in adhering to Support Processes, Service Level Agreements, meeting agreed KPI’s and managing key Stakeholders.
* Ensure the right calibre of staff are recruited, and in accordance with company policy and procedures.
* Lead, motivate, communicate with, develop, appraise and performance manage staff to ensure they are fully motivated to achieve best performance to meet the company’s needs.
* Training. Ensure continual upskilling in Customer Support through evaluation, development and training plans for staff
* Day to day management, ensuring that staffing and skill levels are maintained throughout operational hours.
* Managing your team to deliver customers’ needs and to continually improve your team’s efficiency and effectiveness. In addition, ensure that you build a positive team culture with strong positive engagement
* Problem management and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) with the aim of implementing the recommendations.
* Manage incidents via the Service Management Tool
* Provide an escalation point for Associate Support Consultants
* Provide an escalation point to other teams within the organisation
* Escalate product defaults to the appropriate product development team
* Provide customers with timely updates to their cases
* Manage their own case queue in line with Service Desk procedures
* Escalate high priority issues to the Service Desk Manager
* Triage product issues and liaise with the Product teams as appropriate
* Review daily priorities and take appropriate action to ensure results are achieved.
* Support Associate Support Analysts with incidents
* Review product issues (bugs) and advise on relative importance/ impact/ priority
* Mentor and act as a coach for Associate Support Consultants
* To drive a culture of continual process improvement with the team and the wider Service.
Key Performance Measures:
* Customer satisfaction – Measured using the Key Performance Indicators for customer success
* Service Desk - Measured using the Key Performance Indicators for the Service Desk
* Problem Management – Time to full resolution and long-term reduction in problems across the customer base
* Education – degree in computer science, computing, IT or business systems desirable. Technical understanding of web-based software solutions, standard database methodologies, interfacing and internet hosting a distinct advantage.
* Qualifications –professional certification for the management of service and support functions desirable (ITIL, Service Desk Institute) etc.
* Experience – Experienced and conversant in Service Level Agreements and Operational Schedules. Experience in leading and developing a support team both within a managed services environment and with on premise deployments. Aware of industry trends and innovation.
* Training – Experience/knowledge of healthcare IT or workforce management desirable.
* Analytical Thinking – Effective at acquiring an understanding of a problem or situation, and developing an approach to interacting with the situation.
* Applying standards – Effective in the application of relevant industry and process standards to all tasks undertaken.
* Industry Trends & Developments – Must take initiative to ensure technical skills and specialisations are kept up to date in line with industry developments and ensure that all relevant skill sets are current