Please check your email .
Infrastructure Engineer - Platforms/Servers/Networks/AWS/Azure - is required by fast growing, highly successful and international organisation. Based remote and commutable monthly to Chorley, Lancashire.
Responsible for the operations of secure and highly available computing platforms, servers, and networks. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, optimising and improving the environment.
The Infrastructure Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues to maximise the benefit of IT systems, checking that they are managed in accordance with agreed standards and procedures. A can-do, proactive approach is essential to aid innovation and continuous improvement.
The position involves progressing various key infrastructure projects and delivering them.
Main Duties & responsibilities:
* Ensure high levels of performance, availability and security throughout the IT infrastructure.
* Physical and logical network design, monitoring, optimisation and security.
* Management of Virtual Servers, Operating systems and the desktop estate.
* Monitor, diagnose and resolve problems with key IT systems to ensure systems work efficiently.
* Manage crisis situations and work under pressure to resolve problems.
* Plan and undertake projects to improve and upgrade key IT systems.
* Produce relevant documentation and project plans.
* Ensuring continued compliance with ISO and Cyber Essentials +.
* Manage, configure and develop the LAN and WAN across Europe.
* Provide technical expertise for 1st and 2nd line IT support staff, sharing technical knowledge.
* Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
* Provide operational and technical support documentation as appropriate.
* Independently analyse, solve and correct issues in Real Time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
* Refine and automate regular processes, track issues and document all changes.
* Provide out of hours support for critical production systems as needed.
* Ensure out of hours support is needed as infrequently as possible.
* Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities outside of core hours - whilst working towards in-hours releases.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
The ideal candidate will be educated to Degree level/equivalent and possess expert knowledge in some of the technologies currently used. Specific experience is unimportant as tools many change, though the candidate should have a broad knowledge in the field.
Current Technologies include:
* Microsoft O365, Windows 10, Windows Server (Apply online only), SQL Server, Exchange online.
* Active Directory, Microsoft Group Policy, Microsoft IIS
* VMware vSphere, Desktop Central, Arcserve Backup, Sophos, Nessus, PRTG
* IP Stack, Managed Switches and structured cabling
Excellent training and career development opportunities exist for the right candidate.
Basic salary £35-50.000 + excellent benefits
Based remote and commutable monthly to Chorley in Lancashire