Please check your email .
1st Line Support Engineer
Withers & Rogers is one of Europe’s largest dedicated intellectual property law firms, with offices across the UK, Paris and Munich. Established more than 130 years ago, we remain as passionate as ever about making intellectual property work to our clients’ best advantage. Today, our clients include many renowned, innovative organisations from across Europe, North America, and Asia.
We believe that our patent and trade mark attorneys, support, and operations staff have a breadth of expertise and a depth of specialist sector knowledge that is second to none. Our purpose is building trusting relationships and our vision is to be an independent, responsible, sustainably profitable, and globally focused firm, known for building trusting relationships.
The firm’s supportive and high-functioning IT department are seeking a 1st Line Support Engineer to join them on a permanent, full-time basis, to help the team provide a first-rate service to our busy intellectual property firm with around 200 users.
As a 1st Line Support Engineer, you’ll provide helpdesk support, complete PC builds and other general IT duties as required by the business.
You will act as the first point of contact for helpdesk calls, emails and alerts, making sure to log calls promptly and add progress notes to all call logs.
Additionally, you will:
- Assess the complexity of an issue and resolve/escalate it as required
- Monitor the call queue to ensure issues/problems are addressed in a timely manner
- Communicate with users on the status of Helpdesk calls
- Proactively manage problem calls through to completion
- Support users remotely over email and telephone
- Troubleshoot to help resolve issues
- Research solutions to problems and document them on the knowledge base for future reference
- Set up and maintain user accounts on systems
- Provide occasional on-site support at other offices to resolve issues
- Co-ordinate the process of setting up new employees with all necessary IT equipment and system access
- Configure new software for both office-based and remote workers
- Procure hardware/software as required
To join us as a 1st Line Support Engineer, you will need:
- At least one years’ experience in an IT Helpdesk environment
- Experience in prioritising and managing multiple open cases at one time
- Experience of troubleshooting systems and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Demonstrable experience of effective communication with users, third party consultants and software vendors
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems, including Windows 10
- Experience with Office 2016 and the Office 365 applications and environment
- A basic understanding of Windows Server and Active Directory
- Solid knowledge of basic network operation including TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP
- An understanding of desktop, laptop and printer troubleshooting
- The ability to provide remote end-user support via remote control tools
- The confidence to take users through a series of actions, either face-to-face, over the telephone or remotely, to help set up systems or resolve issues
An understanding of SharePoint Online is desirable, but not essential.
- Competitive salary
- Benefits such as healthcare cash plan and additional holiday purchase scheme
- Flexible working options
- Enhanced Parental Leave options
- Positive and welcoming work environment
We foster a supportive and inclusive culture where employees are encouraged to broaden their knowledge, challenge themselves and share their ideas.
Applications will be reviewed as they come in so early applications are encouraged.
Other companies may call this role IT Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, IT Support Analyst, Technical Support Analyst, Helpdesk Support Analyst, or Service Desk Engineer