Please check your email .
Cactus Recruit are currently hiring an Energy Assessor for a growing sustainable consulting company
with a variety of exciting projects.
You could make a key difference in the government’s target to become carbon neutral be 2050 and
Manchester by 2038.
Our clients want more people to live in energy efficient, low running cost, future homes. They can
only do this by helping more and more homeowners, architects, and developers to build new and
existing homes better.
The Energy Assessor will complete a variety of work activities within the company such as domestic
and non-domestic building surveys, energy calculations and assessments.
You will be responsible for managing clients, providing technical advice, assessing building fabric and
M&E systems feasibility strategies for a range of building types.
Here are some of the key attributes we are looking for:
• Mechanical & Electrical Design Specialising in Low Energy Buildings
• Passionate about sustainability and reducing building emissions
• Great interpersonal and communication skills
• Open to learning new processes, software, and technical knowledge
• Ability to adapt to various client needs and styles
• Able to manage time well and work independently
Main duties (Duties may change as per needs of the company):
• Domestic and non-domestic building surveys
• Completing SAP & SBEM Calculations
• Providing energy efficiency advice for projects
• Managing working relationships with architects and individual clients
• Liaising with mechanical & electrical designers and providing design input
Detailed duties (Duties may change as per needs of the company):
• Attending site surveys to gather data, document work progress and write reports
• Data gathering, reviewing CAD drawings and 3D models
• Carrying out existing and newbuild energy calculations (SAP, SBEM)
• Completing fabric, mechanical, electrical, and renewable energy feasibility studies
• Undertaking heat loss calculations and energy use studies
• Completing energy statements for newbuilding projects
• Completing energy retrofit reports for existing buildings
• Use of energy efficiency and renewable energy software
• Assessing buildings for low carbon technologies (Solar PV, Heat Pumps, Batteries, EV
Charging Stations, etc.)
Training and development:
* Training courses for technical accreditations provided (DEA, OCDEA, NDEA
* Various professional development training courses (CPD) and webinars
* Opportunities to attend technical conferences / networking events
* Excellent career progression opportunities
Qualifications and experience Required:
* Full clean driving license (Must be able to travel to sites)
* Experience managing client relationships and managing projects
* Prior experience with energy calculations and energy efficiency in buildings
* Experience with energy use and carbon emissions in buildings
* Experience with excel formulas and functions Desirable:
* Energy assessor qualifications (DEA, OCDEA, NDEA) or a sustainability degree
* Mechanical & Electrical Design Specialising in Low Energy Buildings • Knowledge of renewable power generation and heating systems
* Knowledge of heat transfer & power generation and their applications
* Experience with advanced excel functions such as macros
In Return Our Client Offers :
* A competitive salary
* Flexible working hours
* 28 days holiday (Plus bank holidays)
* Ongoing professional development support
If this role is of interest to you then please send your CV to Cactus Recruit ASAP to avoid disappointment.