Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging - where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world - helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
• Design and implement Low Latency Analytical platform services leveraging open source, COTS and cloud technology.
• Build self-service capabilities in the platform to help users provision and analyse data in a self-served manner.
• Build various analytical platform services like Data Mart Builder as a Service, Data Lakehouse, Cloud SQL Warehouse and others which provide low latency analytical capabilities over large data sets to users in Visa.
• Actively participate in all phases of software development lifecycle: analysis, technical design, planning, development, testing/CICD, release, post production/escalation support
• Apply the appropriate software engineering patterns to build highly scalable, available and resilient multi-tenant Platforms that can host large scale and highly critical applications.
• Provide guidance and mentorship to junior team members. Review and evaluate code developed by junior members to ensure we develop only highest-quality code
• Take ownership of Platform and drive it to the next level of effectiveness to support current and long term requirements
• Builds strong commitment within the team to support the appropriate team priorities
• Work with key stakeholders in product, business and technology areas to align goals for the team
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related technical discipline. With 10+ years of software development experience in building large scale data processing platforms. • Proficiency in engineering practices and writing high quality code, with expertise in either one of Java, Python, Scala or Go • Experience building analytic platforms which process large amount of data in Big Data space. • Experience in low latency analytical technologies like Lakehouse, Druid, Presto etc. • Experience in Containers and Kubernetes • Experience in Cloud Analytical Platforms like Azure Synapse, GCP Big Query, Snowflake or AWS Redshift will be an added plus Experience database technologies like DB2, MySQL etc. • Expert Knowledge of SQL will be required • Expertise in one or more Big Data Technologies like Hadoop/Hive/Spark/Tez etc will be an added plus • Experience in Agile methodology and CICD - tool Integration, automation, configuration management in GIT • Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, analytical and problem solving skills
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the country where this job is located are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.