Please check your email .
Elite Search Associates are delighted to be working on behalf of a well-established solicitor firm, who are one of the largest medical negligence and PI firms within the North of England.
Overview of role
As the IT Technician, you will assist the wider Group IT team in the day to day operation and maintenance of the IT systems, and provide first line user support.
* Providing first line technical support for staff and Directors in relation to IT problems, both hardware- and software-related, over the telephone or face-to-face, as appropriate.
* Taking responsibility for incidents to ensure they are resolved in a timely fashion and are managed appropriately, escalating where required.
* Providing technical support for telecoms issues, including smart phones and first line support for VOIP system issues.
* Providing first line support for photocopier and printer problems.
* Liaising with third party providers for server, photocopier/printer and telephone system support as necessary, to ensure timely resolution of technical problems.
* Assisting with administration of users, groups and security policies, and providing home visits for technical setup of remote workers as necessary.
* Providing administrative and technical support for the firm’s digital dictation system.
* Providing first line support for the case management system, escalating where necessary.
* Working as part of a team to ensure all moves are successfully logged and audits are correct.
* Ensuring continuity of service by monitoring service and network performance, proactively dealing with network and server issues as they arise.
* Any other duties which from time to time are required by the firm.
Skills & Experience required
* Strong interpersonal skills, team player.
* Articulate, literate and numerate; able to articulate instructions or resolutions in appropriate language relative to the skill and experience of the user
* Previous experience of working in IT Support, ideally in a legal services environment.
* Excellent knowledge of Windows 7-10, Windows Server 2012R2 and 2016, MS Office 2016 and Office 365.
* Experience of supporting printers and multifunctional devices, remote connections and mobile devices
* Experience of RDS environments, and ideally Citrix environments
* Proclaim experience an advantage
* Understanding of IT security
* Network experience including running of cables, configuring routers and switches.
* Ability to build and maintain PCs and laptops
* Full driving licence and own vehicle
* Willingness to work flexibly in line with business needs, including possible out of hours work and working across multiple sites.
Remuneration & Benefits
* Salary is competitive and will be awarded dependent upon your experience
* Salary banding £20k-£30k
* This is a full-time permanent position 37 hours p/w. 9am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday finish at 5pm on a Friday
* Career opportunities
* Holiday entitlement is 23 days + bank holidays and this increases each year
If you are the perfect candidate for this post please apply today, or for more information, please contact Leanne at Elite Search Associates
Not for you, but know the perfect person for this role? Elite Search Associates offer referral fees for any successful referrals, so please share! #SharingIsCaring