Please check your email .
Roke is curious, unashamedly technical and has worked at the leading edge of innovation for over 60 years. Roke Engineers work on a variety of exciting fields from Machine Learning through to Software, Cyber to Sensors & Comms, plus everything thing in between.
Our motto is “business unusual” and we strive to live by it!
What you’ll be doing in this role
You will be selling our portfolio of services into the Energy Industry applying Roke’s world leading technologies and capabilities in sensing, machine vision, data science, AI and cyber resilience, to solve complex client problems.
Roke is a highly respected world-class organisation with strong existing clients in the UK private & public sector, and is growing fast. You will take the lead in creating and implementing a sales and partner development strategy to deliver further growth for the Industry business.
Areas of Responsibility:
• Development, implementation and execution of sales growth strategies through direct and partner sales campaigns
• Identifying, building and effectively managing a number of new key clients to maximise both revenue and customer value
• Managing direct and partner sales/bids/quotes in line with company governance process
• Managing and influencing direct client and partner requirements and expectations
• Manage sales and engineering interactions with partners and clients to resolve technical issues and ensure successful bids
• Leading bids and engineering pre-sales teams to generate winning proposals to secure new business
• Pipeline management, forecasting and budgeting
• Provision of market intelligence to support, feed and actively contribute to the Roke CRM ecosystem
To be considered for this position applicants should demonstrate the following on your CV
• Demonstrable experience in direct new business sales of technical services, in to the Energy sector
• Expert at developing strong client relationships at a senior levels and supporting this with detailed account development strategies and plans
• A good understanding of technology in at least one of the following domains: sensing, machine vision, AI, data science, cyber resilience.
• Entrepreneurial mind-set with a well-rounded knowledge of direct and partner sales strategy and a drive to succeed
• Ability to quickly understand business and market challenges from the clients perspective and provide innovative solutions to these challenges, talking in the client’s language
• The ability to be effective in both local and remote matrix team leadership for bids/work winning
Your career chartered by you!
Rokies have access to a rich pool of varied opportunities. This could include developing deep specialist knowledge in a niche field. Broad knowledge across the tech stack. Domain expertise leading to more client-focused roles. Pastoral care and coaching via line management.
Your Learning and Development!
Roke are widely recognised as being among the best in their field therefore we have the foundations in place to ensure our employee’s develop the necessary skills to help solve our client’s toughest challenges.
Your Roke Community!
Roke fosters a campus like feel on each of its sites, due in part to the relaxed dress code but more intrinsically by its people. We employ some of the best and brightest the world has to offer, but beyond that we employ people who are genuinely passionate about the technology they use and the work they do. Together this generates vibrant community of friendly individuals eager to support your development.
Roke prides itself on doing better each year on all aspects around the business and the community it serves. To aid in this we have Corporate Social Responsibility Groups (CSRGs) and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). The CSRGs cover larger scale activates such as STEM outreach, Community outreach and Sustainability. ERGs are more specific, personal and focus on diversity & Inclusion.
A message from Roke’s Inspire - LGBT+ Support Network – “We provide support and advice, and champion inclusivity and understanding for anyone with questions around sexual orientation and gender identity. Membership is private and open to allies too”.
Roke also benefits from a plethora of employee-led clubs which cover everything from gaming to food. A few example clubs include Football, Climbing, Airsoft, Sailing, Cyber security, Data science, Astronomy, and much, much more!
Alongside this, there are numerous company events throughout the year, including a summer music festival, bonfire night (including fireworks, of course!) and a Christmas party.
The majority of Roke positions accommodate hybrid working. 60% Concentration (work from home) and 40% Collaboration (office based). Our staff average two days a week in the office, the days you will be in the office are determined by the business needs and should average out over a month to two days per week.
A substantial performance related bonus scheme
Flexi-Time (Core hours 09:30 – 15:00)
25 days annual leave
A day off to celebrate your birthday
24/7 Employee Assistance Programme to assist with your wellbeing
Onsite leisure facilities (Site dependent), everything from tennis courts to gyms and River Test fishing rightsYour Security!
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be eligible to achieve UK Security Clearance meet the following criteria.
Minimum 5 years permanent residency within the UK
Unrestricted right to work (Sorry, due to the security clearance requirements we are unable to sponsor Visa’s) Your Application Process
Our hiring community will review your CV and supporting information from the application form. If we feel Roke would be a great fit for your aspirations you’ll be invited to begin a two stage interview process.
The first interview is a chance to find out more about you and involves a CV review as well as a check on motivation and fit. The second interview is a Competency Based Interview.
If you require any reasonable adjustments please let us know, Roke are keen to ensure we create the right interview environment for you to show your best self.
Hit the apply button or contact your Talent Acquisition Partner Jay Hannen for more info