Please check your email .
We are currently looking for a Bioinformatics Scientist - Statistical Genomics to join a leading biotech company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Bioinformatics Scientist - Statistical Genomics you will be responsible for working alongside scientific and bioinformatic developers to develop solutions to support cancer patients
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Bioinformatics Scientist - Statistical Genomics will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Bioinformatics Scientist you will work towards the understanding and application of statistical methodologies to genomic data sets for the analysis of NGS cancer genomics data, biomarker development
2. You will develop and implement statistical algorithms for the analysis of genomic data sets, such as variant calling, background model estimation or scoring methods.
3. Contribute to the development of novel methodologies and algorithms for the analysis of circulating tumor DNA.
4. You will carry out data analysis for scientific or clinical studies on bio related data
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Bioinformatics Scientist - Statistical Genomics we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. PhD in the field of statistical genetics, physics, computational biology, bioinformatics, applied statistics, mathematical biology, or relevant experience
2. Significant working experience in statistics (or mathematics) and applying statistical techniques to biological problems
3. Working knowledge of next generation sequence data analysis
Key Words: Biostats, R, Statistics, Bioinformatics, DNA, NGS, Genomic, Statistical
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves