Please check your email .
Senior IT Systems Engineer, Cambridgeshire, £34,000 - £37,500
My client is a well-respected educational organisation who is looking for an enthusiastic Senior IT Systems Engineer to join their IT team.
You will be playing a key part in delivering Information Systems support to the community and guests. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills and have experience of being in a 2nd/3rd line IT position. The role requires a strong technical breadth and depth of knowledge to take a lead role in designing, implementing, and maintaining IT key infrastructure and systems.
The right candidate will be comfortable working in a service-based culture with emphasis on constant improvement and adaptation to IT trends and requirements.
* 2nd/3rd Line IT Support
* System owner infrastructure and systems including, but not limited to:
o Network (physical and logical including VPN)
o O365 cloud and hybrid environments
o Managed wired and wireless networks
o Microsoft Active Directory and Azure Active Directory technologies
o Storage (Direct attached, NAS, and SAN)
o Microsoft server and desktop operating systems
o Linux operating systems (e.g. Ubuntu, Debian)
o Line of business applications (e.g. Office 365)
o Virtualisation infrastructure
* Responsible for strategic projects and manage operational projects.
* Escalation point to junior technicians
Key Technical Skills Required
* Server Operating Systems: Microsoft Server 2012 to 2022, Linux Debian.
* Desktop Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 10 and 11, MacOS.
* Virtualisation Infrastructure: Hyper-V and hyper converged storage technologies.
* Networking: IPv4, IPv6, routing, VLAN, switching, firewalls, DNS, DHCP, WiFi access points, 802.1X, VPN, Network Access Control (NAC).
* Peripherals: Networked multifunction printer/scanners, CCTV IP cameras, VoIP telephony.
* Line of business applications: Finance software, MS Office Software.
* Services: File and print servers, SQL databases, directory services, identity and access management, Active Directory, endpoint management, Mobile device management, BYOD, knowledge of PowerShell would be advantageous.
* Office 365 or similar cloud services, Exchange online and hybrid Exchange experience desirable.
* Understanding of modern firewall technologies
* Understanding of backup technologies
Previously working in an educational environment would be a bonus for this position.
MARS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other protected status. Suitable candidates for the role will be contacted within 3 working days, unfortunately if you haven’t heard back in this time your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
MARS Recruitment is a specialist Engineering & IT recruiter working in partnership with companies across the UK and offers services of both an Employment Business (for Temporary/Contract roles) and an Employment Agency (for Permanent roles)