We are Siemens Siemens DISW is a world-leading provider of product lifecycle management and manufacturing operations management software. We help thousands of companies realise innovation by optimising their processes, from planning and development through manufacturing, production and support. Siemens DISW is a business unit of the Siemens Digital Industries Division. Driven by a deep understanding of what it takes to deliver successful products.
Help our customers transform their business with our world-leading technology!
We are looking for someone with Maths or Engineering background (graduate or post-graduate) who wants to work in technical software engineering. They would join the Simcenter Flomaster development team and receive training and mentoring to develop as software engineers. We develop design and simulation software for thermo-fluid engineers across many industries from energy to aerospace. Job Description: Delivering and maintaining leading edge engineering software within an agile team using lean values. Developing architectural and process improvements.
• Collaborating with Product Management to translate Engineering Requirements into elegant working software
• Designing and implementing code changes using Test Driven Development and Refactoring
• Working closely with the R&D group and other Siemens Software teams to design, prototype and develop new capabilities
• Working closely with the Research, Design and Innovation team to develop within an agreed high-level Solution Architecture.
• Working on all levels of the code from data and analysis to GUI
• Developing within an Agile Environment by working closely with other members of the Agile Team on a daily basis
• Developing new capabilities within the framework of a large existing code baseThe product is based on a large legacy code base and new product development is done within this framewo
• Developing Flomaster's underlying solution algorithms, mathematical models and physical models Required Skills: These are the core skills for this role. You will be able to demonstrate experience in most of these and show potential in the others.
• Experience of a full software development life-cycle
• Experience of mathematical modelling, numerical techniques and/or 3D Computational Fluid Dynamics
• Able to propose software solutions to high level product features
• Able to Embrace the joy of innovation in a collaborative environment
• Able to decompose large packages of work into small incremental deliveries
• An understanding of development using Unit and Integration Tests - ideally based on TDD practices
• An understanding of object-oriented design (OOD) and object-oriented programming (OOP) using either C#, C++ or Java
• An understanding of the importance of good code craft
• An understanding of fluid dynamics, e.g. as part of an engineering degree
• An understanding of Engineering Software Desirable Skills: These are skills that you will learn as part of this job. Experience in these areas will strengthen a candidate's application.
• Experience of mathematical modelling and/or Computational Fluid Dynamics.
• Experience in using CAE tools within a System Engineering Environment
• Experience of Usability/work flow and GUI design
• Knowledge of asynchronous and multi-threaded programming using .NET TPL, async / await, and Rx for .NET
• Knowledge of Optimisation strategies and algorithms
• Understanding of control theory and its application to engineering simulations
• Understanding of Thermo-Fluid physics in context of fluid engineering systems
• Understanding 1D networks and internal flow system
• Experience of relational databases and writing stored procedures Qualifications & experience
• Experience in developing/coding large scale applications will be useful \"Nice to Have\":
• Desire, passion and energy to work in a growing organisation and to apply an innovative mind-set to mathematical, physical and engineering problems in order to invent and create new capabilities for the users of Simcenter Flomaster.
• Desire, passion and energy to work in a growing organisation to apply an innovative mind-set in pro-actively developing high quality solutions to customer centric problems.
• An interest in learning and advocating the use of modern technologies and practices to solve customer needs.
• Knowledge/experience of mathematical modelling.
• Ability to learn - we expect you to grow through coaching, mentoring and self-directed research
• Ability to analyse and simplify problems and then creatively and systematically work the problem to a solution
• A degree and relevant experience including software development. Join our Digital World We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We have some of the most inquisitive minds working across the world, re-imagining the future and doing outstanding things. Join our Talent Community today and let's stay connected in areas that interest you: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/jobs/digital-minds.html Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow