At Morrisons we are continually driving transformational change in our business through the innovative use of technology. Our exciting programmes of work are producing modern cloud-first solutions, using agile practices to deliver at pace. At the heart of our solutions are cloud based microservices which have helped us grow and scale at speed. There is a lot going on, it's intellectually stimulating and it's delivering real change for our customers.
We need motivated "self starter" Technology Architects with the passion to play a big part in our architecture community, that together will drive technology change, be innovative, and ensure the company realises it's vision of being "naturally digital".
As a Technology Architect at Morrisons, you'll be responsible for;
• Technically architecting and supporting the delivery of a wide range of solutions, from small to large scale projects, and fast paced Proof of Concepts.
• Defining enterprise technology strategies and providing thought leadership in a wide variety of technological disciplines
• Ensuring strategies are enterprise aligned and approved through the agreed technology governance processes.
• Stakeholder management, internally across technology and especially the Infrastructure, Cloud, Network and Security teams and externally with multiple suppliers.
• Contributing to the wider architecture community to share knowledge, collaborate on cross-domain initiatives, and ensure the delivery of a joined up, enterprise-wide thinking.
As a Technology Architect at Morrisons, you'll need skills and experience like this;
• Track record of successfully strategizing and designing technology solutions for a range of technological and business problems of varying scale and complexity.
• Be an excellent technological all rounder with the ability to discover, analyse and assure the use of varied technologies for enterprise capabilities, supporting development, network, security and cloud operations teams to ensure the architectural vision is realised.
• Leading and collaborating with technology vendors, including the delivery of RFIs and RFPs to ensure functional and non-functional best fit.
• Have an excellent understanding of the importance of security, security frameworks and the impacts on architectural design.
• Can think strategically whilst able to adapt and react quickly to changing and urgent business needs.
• Good communication skills.
• Experience of agile with a little 'a' (we're not purists and pick the parts that work for us).
• Great influencing and stakeholder management skills across all levels.
• Preferably have experience working within Retail, Logistics or Manufacturing sectors.
About The Company
We're revolutionising our online journeys making our processes faster, simpler and smarter to provide an even better experience to millions of customers across the UK. We're also reinventing our tech, opening new opportunities from mobile first to the cloud.
Our aim is to offer more of what matters, making rapid improvements across our diverse workforce of over 102,000.
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best selves to work, you can expect to enjoy:
Unrivalled career prospects, attractive salary package
15% off discount card for you and 10% off for two family members/friends
4 day working week
Competitive pension scheme
Sound like a great fit?
Click apply to be immediately considered!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all walks of life.