Please check your email .
An exciting opportunity for a dynamic and experienced Senior AV Technician to support our user community with the Audio-Visual estate here at the University of Surrey.
AV is at the heart of our teaching and learning experience and is a key point of engagement for our teaching staff and students. Our student community engage daily with our Audio-Visual solutions for their learning and academic development; a positive experience with our AV estates leads to positive and engaged students.
You’ll play an important part in supporting our students enjoying an excellent experience during their time with us.
You will be joining a team who are highly enthusiastic about providing our users with an excellent experience of our Audio-Visual and IT estate. The IT team at Surrey are plugged in to the whole University, and our digital transformation work underpins the University’s renewed strategy. IT is growing our digital transformation capability, improving student experience, and helping increase our research impact, all while maturing how we operate and creating the type of working environment that we want to work in.
It’s a vibrant and exciting time to join a great and well-respected team at the heart of the University’s strategic plans. In return, we offer industry-leading benefits including up to 40 days Holiday, 30% Pension, subsidised membership at state-of-the-art fitness facilities, and more!
This is an engaging, fast-paced and ever-changing role, working across our campus to provide high quality support across our Audio-Visual estate. As well as providing flexible support to urgent support requests, you will:
* Manage incoming requests that require a period of longer investigation and analysis, before deciding on and implementing a solution.
* Complete pre-emptive work across our estate to ensure that AV systems remain online, accessible and functioning as needed.
* Act as escalation point for a group of AV or IT analysts. This will typically relate to technical queries, but may also include provision of advice and guidance in relation to non-technical matters.
* Investigate, diagnose and resolve incidents in order to restore normal service. This will include the documentation of common fixes so that they can be followed by AV/IT analysts.
* Independent testing of software updates and hardware prior to release
* Updating supporting information to ensure that systems can be effectively supported.
Interested candidates should be experienced AV technicians, holding or working towards recognised AV qualifications and have a good level of experience in the industry / similar roles.
What’s in it for you?
We think Surrey is an amazing place to work. We’re a global community of ideas and people, dedicated to life-changing education and research, and are carefully crafting a dynamic, flexible, and fun place to work and thrive.
Our campus is based in beautiful landscaped grounds, offering greenery, a lake and plenty of space for colleagues to meet, collaborate and reflect.
Alongside our unique collegiate atmosphere on-site and flexible hybrid/home working opportunities, we also offer:
* Base salary from £28,762 to £33,314
* Annual Incremental pay rise
* Market-leading pension up to 30%
* 32 Days Holiday (PLUS Bank Holidays!)
* Salary Sacrifice Benefits including subsidised rail fare, cycle to work and on-site childcare
* Access to world-class fitness facilities at discounted rates
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
The University of Surrey is committed to providing an inclusive environment that offers equal opportunities for all. We value everyone in our community and are seeking to increase the diversity. Therefore, we particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups, such as people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups and people with disabilities.
If you would like to be considered for this role then please submit a full application below, or email Tom Dubber in Resourcing for more information