Please check your email .
GMP Recruitment are proud to be in partnership with a highly recognisable, leading manufacturer located in Kidderminster. We are currently recruiting on their behalf for someone to join their team as an 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer on a full time, permanent contract.
Our client is an established and well-respected IT business, in the heart of Worcestershire and the Midlands.
The ideal candidate for this position will be able to provide IT technical support throughout both the business and through fantastic customer support to existing and new clients.
3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer main duties:
* Ensuring the company provides a pro-active service delivery and effective client resolution when handling client issues and queries, including disaster recovery solutions.
* Delivering engineering assistance and maintenance services via telephone, remote and on-site assistance in the following key areas.
* 2nd and 3rd line technical support – including but not limited to server and desktop operating systems, hardware, application software, networks and data back-ups.
* Overflow assistance to 1st line technical support and dealing with escalated support calls from 1st and 2nd line teams.
* Providing technical and operation guidance to engineers, acting as a mentor whenever possible.
* Project managing and assisting in the deployment of networking and software rollout projects, including on-premise and cloud server solutions, and Microsoft 365.
3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer desired skills and experience:
* Proven 2nd and 3rd line technical support experience with demonstrable ability to troubleshoot difficult technical server and workstation issues.
* Minimum 5 years’ experience with IT and server support and project deployments.
* Full UK Driving Licence, with access to own vehicle.
* Strong operational and process experience.
* In-depth knowledge of Windows Server Operating systems.
* Experience of virtualisation technologies (Hyper-V).
* Active Directory.
* Group Policy.
* TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP.
* Network and server installations.
* Office/Microsoft 365 deployment and administration (including Sharepoint and Teams).
* Router, firewall, WIFI and switch configuration.
* Backup software and disaster recovery technologies.
The standard working hours for this position will be Monday - Thursday 09:00am – 17:30pm with an earlier finish on a Friday at 17:00pm.
In return for all of the above, you will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary, plus additional company benefits.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as an Employment Agency