Please check your email .
As part of the End Device Management team you provide a high level ICT operational service to the department and it’s clients
Take responsibility and the overall management of several key services which control and manage end devices.
To investigate complex enquiries aiding and advising as required.
* Core Duties and Responsibilities (Key Result Areas)
* Supports the control of IT end device assets in all areas, specifically in the key functions of the EDM team which include, but not limited to, patching, device build, application packaging and deployment, software lifecycle, MDM, encryption and security.
* Support the day to day management of any and all EDM functions
* Working with customer IT leads; nominated project leads; 3rd parties and other stakeholders to discuss technical service issues and agree plans and deadlines.
* Maintaining up-to-date knowledge on EDM technologies & features as well as potential integration and added value with other services. Using this knowledge to facilitate or unblock delays in progress of issue resolution & project development as well as supporting road-maps and upgrade paths for these services.
* Working with EDM Leads, advise on the capacity & availability management of the EDM functions. Support with others; robust capacity & performance reporting techniques and escalate any appropriate breaches of agreed thresholds to the EDM Manager according to such procedures.
* Implementing policies and procedures set out by the EDM Manager and Leads, and constantly looking for improvements to these policies and procedures
* Understanding and following procedures and processes for the relevant EDM functions to support the development of service ownership within the Infrastrcutrure teams.
* Participation in the ‘Out Of Hours’ IT support staff On-Call Rota as required and with prior agreement. This role will involve an element of travel to our client bases
* Provide Escation point from Service Desk for end device issues.
* Work with strategy team to evaluate, pilot and implement new solutions where appropriate
* Work with security team to ensure relevant data is provided to allow security teams to make correct decisions
The job description and person specification are an outline of the tasks, responsibilities and outcomes required of the role. The job holder will carry out any other duties as may reasonably be required by their line manager.
The job description and person specification may be reviewed on an ongoing basis in accordance with the changing needs of the Department and the Organisation