Please check your email .
LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER (JAVA/C++): EXCITING PRODUCTS AND TECHNOLOGY, GROWING COMPANY WITH MAJOR NEW CONTRACT AWARDS. HYBRID ROLES NEGOTIABLE HOME WORKING, WITH SOME TIME TO BE SPENT IN BEDFORD OFFICE. SALARY £60-70K PLUS EXCELLENT BENEFITS.
Our client is an exciting Agile Systems Integrator for Robotic and Autonomous Systems in Air, Land and Sea and applications across a range of industries.
They deliver collaberative, AI enabled automomous swarm systems for the most complex of applications, using best of class teams and equipment from around the world.
You will be required to support a mixture of R&D and product development activities within a leading autonomy and unmanned systems company delivering technology such as autopilots, mission systems, ground control stations, and all supporting systems and infrastructure.
You will be keen to get involved in all development areas, and have a good track history / proven track record in both problem solving and quality software development. Your role as a Software Engineer will involve Architecting, implementing and testing embedded applications and system software. This will include improving existing software and developing new features.
Working as part of a team in a multidisciplinary environment you will have good communication skills. A can-do attitude and a genuine passion for innovative technology will be advantageous. The opportunity will enable the successful candidate to gain knowledge of cutting-edge autonomous systems.
• Primarily, your role will be to architect, implement and test mission critical applications and software for our existing and new products, written in C++ and/or Java.
• Ensure software redundancy, real-time, safety and security objectives are met.
• You will be responsible for delivery of technical work and documentation.
• Gain system wide knowledge and become a subject matter expert.
• Proactively engage with other engineers, teams and leadership to ensure needs are understood and met
• Work as a team to deliver, maintain and innovate the UAV mission system and individual modules within the mission system.
• Get involved in simulation testing, flight testing and bug fixing.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as may be reasonably required within the grade and level of the post.
• To actively participate in company Performance Management Scheme.
• You will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your evolving role within the company and the overall business objectives of the company.
• Some travel within the UK may be required.
• Experience with one or more modern Object-Oriented Languages such as C++ or Java.
• Working knowledge of Linux and/or real time operating systems such as FreeRTOS.
• Good understanding of development tool chain for debugging and problem solving.
• Quality mindset with a test driven development approach. Other useful skills for this role:
• Use of C on embedded systems.
• Testing and automation experience.
• Team leading and mentoring junior engineers.
• Experience with quality standards (esp. DO-178 or similar will benefit greatly).
• Good communication skills for internal and external technical discussions.
• Knowledge of any of the following DDS, GIS, MISRA C++
• Project management experience
Is This You?
If you fit the bill as described above do not delay, send in your application and we will be in touch immediately to discuss the role and company in more detail