Please check your email .
3rd Line Support Engineer.
Location: Manchester (M1)
Salary: £35K to £50K.
Hybrid after 3 months.
Are you an experience 3rd Line Support Engineer with IT MSP and field experience?
Our client is an IT MSP looking to recruit 3rd Line Support Engineers to join their team based in Manchester. The 3rd Line Support Engineer is a senior technical role and the highest technical escalation point in the company.
Typically, candidates will have 5+ years experience in an MSP environment (or similar) and will understand the importance of exceptional customer service to accompany their technical skills.
To be the highest technical support role and the go-to technical lead for matters regarding client networks, servers, M365 stack, cyber security and third-party services. This will include not only service escalations but also advise on new project enquiries, new customer introductions, new service design and customer technical consultations.
Experience, knowledge and skills required for this 3rd Line Support Engineer role:
Please note we will require evidence of your work experience in the following areas:
* Grounded technical knowledge of Network connectivity and its principles, including TCP/IP, VLANS, Switches, Routers and Security principles such as Firewalls.
* Knowledge of routing protocols such as MPLS, BGP, EIGRP and OSPF and the ability to troubleshoot Layer 3 issues.
* VMware vSphere 4/5 & Hyper-V.
* Management of backups (installing, monitoring, resolving issues)
* Windows Server OS (2012, 2016, 2019). Microsoft Exchange, SQL, Active Directory
* Microsoft Solutions, including Microsoft 365, Azure, Intune, SharePoint etc
* Cyber security solutions deployment (MFA, Encryption, AV etc)
* 3rd party application support (e.g. Finance packages, CRM solutions, ERP solutions etc)
Essential qualifications, experience and other role-specific requirements.
* Must have worked for at least 5 years as an IT Field service engineer in an IT support company.
* Good A Levels/BTEC with Grade C or above in Maths and English.
* Professional qualification such as MCP/MCSE certification.
* Valid driving license, with own car, which can be used for client site visits.
* Excellent written skills must be able to demonstrate report writing skills.
* Able to work flexible or extended hours if necessary.
Key skills and competencies.
* Ability to deal with customers at all levels through an approachable and customer-focused style.
* Customer focused.
* An inquisitive and analytical mind who is service driven.
* The ability to communicate clearly in verbal and written environments.
* Strong administrative skills with the ability to juggle a number of tasks at a time whilst tracking the progress of calls.
* Pro-active problem-solving and diagnosis skills.
* Good documentation skills, including experience in the creation and maintenance of systems documentation.
* A methodical and accurate worker, able to manage the life cycle of incidents through to the conclusion.
* Clean and professional image.
Your contract and benefits on starting:
The salary range is £35K to £50K, depending on experience.
Hybrid option after 3 months.
Regular reviews of performance.
20 days annual leave (plus bank holidays).
Contributory pension scheme.
Excellent learning and training opportunities
Excellent development opportunities.
Friendly support team.
Become part of an exciting and expanding organisation.
Mobile phone allowance.
Full Time 40 hours per week.
Shift rota basis, covering 8 am until 6 pm.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience for this 3rd Line Support Engineer role, please apply and send your CV for review.
Note: We only accept applications from people who are eligible to work in the UK at this time