Please check your email .
Role: End Device Management (EDM) Technician
Location: Derby, DE1 3QT (HYBRID)
Pay: £17ph / £127.50pd
Contract: Immediate start // Initial period of 3 months with potential for extension
Hours: Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm
* Supports the control of IT end device assets in all areas, specifically in the key functions of the EDM team which include, but not limited to, patching, device build, application packaging and deployment, software lifecycle, MDM, encryption and security.
* Support the day to day management of any and all EDM functions
* Working with customer IT leads; nominated project leads; 3rd parties and other stakeholders to discuss technical service issues and agree plans and deadlines.
* Maintaining up-to-date knowledge on EDM technologies & features as well as potential integration and added value with other services. Using this knowledge to facilitate or unblock delays in progress of issue resolution & project development as well as supporting road-maps and upgrade paths for these services.
* Working with EDM Leads, advise on the capacity & availability management of the EDM functions. Support with others; robust capacity & performance reporting techniques and escalate any appropriate breaches of agreed thresholds to the EDM Manager according to such procedures.
* Implementing policies and procedures set out by the EDM Manager and Leads, and constantly looking for improvements to these policies and procedures
* Understanding and following procedures and processes for the relevant EDM functions to support the development of service ownership within the Infrastrcutrure teams.
* Provide Escation point from Service Desk for end device issues.
* Work with strategy team to evaluate, pilot and implement new solutions where appropriate
* Work with security team to ensure relevant data is provided to allow security teams to make correct decisions
* Have knowledge and experience within the ICT environment preferably within end device management.
* Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification or equivalent experience
* Evidence of continued professional development and specialist knowledge
* Have specialist knowledge and significant experience within the ICT environment specifically within end device management
* Able to make wholesale changes to large end device estate and able to understand risks in making such changes
* Transition & Operations; information processing principles; and hardware and software evaluation principles and practices will also be needed to succeed in this position.
* Has a sound, broad knowledge of IT and an excellent understanding of how the technical specialism relates to other areas of IT and how it impacts on other business functions