Please check your email .
If you are looking to progress your cybersecurity career, Node4 has an exciting opportunity for two SOC Analyst to join our expanding Security Operations Centre (SOC). Our growing Security Team comprises of Analysts, Penetration Testers and Engineers. As a Security Team, our goal and function within the company is to identify potential attacks on our own services and networks, while keeping our customers safe from security breaches.
We are looking for a passionate, driven individual who is eager to learn more about Cyber Security and is excited to get hands-on with new technologies and strives to constantly improve their own skills and knowledge. This role will help you hone your attention to detail and analytical skills while also exposing you to various aspects of cyber-security.
What will you be doing?
* Triage incoming alerts and alarms from different security platforms and investigate/escalate them as appropriate.
* Proactively suggest improvements for existing SIEM alarms and create new ones.
* Produce short write-ups of security incidents for customers and internal teams
* Compile and present monthly reports for customers with data from multiple security platforms and provide security analysis.
* Develop/improve report templates & components.
* Use internal/external threat intelligence to adjust/build new detection techniques.
* Contributing to the vulnerability management process including assessment of business risk and recommendations and remediations for customers
* Provide support to customers and internal teams for common issues with security tools such as anti-malware software
* Work alongside sales/technical-pre-sales to determine customer security requirements and present a case for Node4’s security services along with delivering demonstrations and proof-of-concepts of Node4 security products.
* Take ownership of new client on-boarding and technical deployment of new solutions
* Creating/Maintaining SOC documentation as appropriate
* Work with network security engineers to help support Node4’s secure SD WAN and managed firewall
What will you bring?
Strong written and oral communication skills to a variety of audiences including senior management
Able to work effectively in a team as well as motivated to work independently
Robust time/project management skills to prioritise and organise multiple ongoing projects.
Experience working with a SIEM
Able to learn and adapt to new skills and technologies quickly
Able to assist with training and coaching of junior analysts
Bringing an analytical mindset to identify anomalies and patterns in data
Solid understanding of key networking concepts and experience with Windows/Linux operating systems
Ability to research new concepts and present internally them to the team
An IT/security related qualification, particularly Microsoft/Azure eg SC-200, MS-500, Security+, CEH, Network+,
Experience working in an IT department/organization in a role that includes supporting users, troubleshooting issues, documenting processes
Experience using Microsoft security technologies such as Microsoft Defender for Endpoint, Microsoft Sentinel/KQL or Defender for MS365.
Experience writing scripts for automation/integration in Python/PowerShell/Bash etc
Docker or Virtualisation experience
Threat Intel Experience
Experience in developing SIEM playbooks
Experience in Incident Response
Microsoft Sentinel experience
Why join us?
Recognised as one of the UK’s 100 Best Workplaces™ by Great Place to Work®, Node4 is an innovative Managed Services Provider, offering IT infrastructure and services, all flexibly deployed across our own infrastructure fabric and the public cloud.
We provide a range of solutions, including cloud services to support hybrid and multi-cloud models, connectivity, data services, collaboration, and security. This enables us to help UK businesses in every sector do more in the digital age.
Work for Node4 and you will be part of a friendly, supportive culture focused on delivering Exceptional Service as a Standard (ESaaS) to our customers – and one another