Please check your email .
For this role, you have to be SC cleared. If you are not, you will be sponsored for your SC clearance, as long as you meet the minimum requirements as a UK resident for the last 5 years! You + The Challenge
You're a knowledgeable Network Support Engineer and have developed some great skills having worked in the technology industry, providing technical support.
This means you're pretty caught up when it comes to taking ownership of tickets allocated to you and managing them through resolution or escalation.
You're all about being able to ensure SLAs (Service Level Agreements) are met and so troubleshooting, maintaining, and supporting a wide range of systems is just as important to you as answering queries and complaints, reporting client-facing risks and customer feedback. You will work in a team to provide onsite, and some hybrid technical support, for one of our clients. This can include incident; problems, change requests or projects depending on the requirements of any of our customers. The engineer must possess excellent verbal communication skills as well as exceptional analytical and technical skills and continually look to improve on this. In addition, they need to collaborate with the entire On-site team with positive communication and sharing of knowledge and information.
Respond appropriately and deal with queries or complaints in an effective manner (i.e. punctual; polite and with empathy).
Take ownership of tickets allocated to them in the ticket queue and professionally manage them through to resolution or escalation.
Ask targeted questions to apply accurate troubleshooting.
Contribute fully as an active team member and ensure personal and team objectives are achieved
Maintain a professional relationship with clients and peers.
Utilise excellent customer service skills and exceed customers' expectations.
Report potential client facing risks.
Report customer feedback and potential product requests.
Maintain personal development plan with support line manager.
Collaborate with other teams to maintain standards and functionality.
Undertake any other tasks as assigned by management.
Availability during your shift hours (which may incur shift & desk rotation).
Troubleshoot, maintain, and support a wide range of systems.
Ensure Service level agreements ("SLAs") are met.
Able to work without supervision.
Prioritise and manage several open issues at one time.
Apply a high level of attention to detail.
Collaboration with other technical resources and third parties.Just as a reminder, you're not alone here, you've got a team by your side (literally, too!)
This means that you reside in the UK, are a team player open to collaboration remotely but mostly onsite, ensuring personal and team objectives are achieved and, will provide further guidance when needed - is this the kind of growth and activity you're looking for?
Below are some of areas you have experience with and where you'll get to showcase your IT skills in this role:
• Secure application gateways / reverse proxies
• DHCP / MPLS/ VPLS, DNS (BIND & Microsoft DNS), voice/video integration - SIP, IP-PBX, SBC.
• Cisco / HP Core and Edge Networking
• Cisco Firewall technologies (ASA / Firepower)
• Cisco VPN Solutions
• Strong/Expert knowledge in virtualisation technologies such as VMWare
• Strong working knowledge of proactive monitoring tools such as SolarWinds
• Proven architect knowledge, design and project implementation
• Cisco CCNA/CCNP Qualified
• Experience with network security such as certificate management in applications
• Experience with PowerShell and scripting
• Willing to learn how software tools can be implemented and support engineering development activities
• SC Clearance will be required; however, we will sponsor you if you are not currently cleared. It is a requirement for this role to have been UK based for the last 5 years
• Understanding the Engineering team requirements and making improvements through new software
• Documenting processes and procedures
Regardless of being exceptionally skilled analytically and technically, you also want to learn and are willing to gain relevant qualifications and accreditation's, ultimately, you'll be developing your IT skills and we'll be happy to help you achieve this.
You thrive in a fast-paced environment, where there is constant activity, enabling you to prioritise, work to deadlines and put your excellent customer relations skills to the test. Challenges are oncoming - are you ready for that?
Hit that apply button. If your CV isn't up to date, not a problem, what you currently have at hand is perfectly fine, anything else can be discussed afterwards.
You can count on us to respond!
for the package of benefits that comes with this role.
All recruitment and selection for Content+Cloud is guided by the principles of our Employment Equity Plan