Please check your email .
Developers are a key part of a multidisciplinary delivery team, building the software necessary to meet users’ needs and the identified business requirements.
Following best practices, they write clean, secure, and well-tested code, as well as coaching and mentoring more junior colleagues to enable them to contribute as well. Developers demonstrate a logical, analytical approach to problem solving and pay close attention to detail.
They will also demonstrate a rational and organised approach to the tasks they undertake, taking responsibility for the work they do.
As well as development experience, they will have a breadth of testing experience, understanding how to assure quality in the work they do.
A software Developer is responsible for developing software components to deliver value to stakeholders.
This is achieved by being able to complete tasks like designing, coding, verifying, testing amending and refactoring moderately complex programmes and scripts.
Developers can apply agreed standards and tools to achieve a well-engineered result.
They are able to monitor and report on progress as well as propose practical solutions to resolve issues after identifying any that are related to software development activities.
They complete this in reviews of work with others where this is appropriate.
* Develop software to meet user needs
* Follow best practice guidelines and help to improve those guidelines
* Write clean, secure and well-tested code
* Coach and mentor more junior colleagues
* Operate the services you build and identify issues in production
* COBOL programming skills
* C programming skills
* Knowledge of VME and Unix
* Good understanding of code error resolution, software backup and recovery strategies
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Good analytical skills
* Application Master (AM) and System Control Language (SCL)
* Java Programming skills
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
* Delivering at Pace
* Making Effective Decisions
* Managing a Quality Service
* Learning and development tailored to your role
* An environment with flexible working options
* A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
* A Civil Service pension with an average employer contribution of 27%
Apply before 11:55 pm on Monday 28th November 2022