Please check your email .
We are looking for an experienced digital or technology Delivery Manager to join our Digital Technology Delivery & Production Team.
Digital Technology - Senior Delivery Manager (x2 roles)
Location: Flexible in UK
Salary: £38,000.00 - £50,469.00 Per Annum
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance and Annual Leave
About The Team
Digital Technology at The RSPB is a multi-disciplined team responsible for defining and delivering a variety of projects that support our corporate and technology objectives, the work covers everything from marketing, digital, infrastructure, and data-centric projects – all with one goal in mind…how can technology help save nature.
As a Senior Delivery Manager, you will manage one or more projects, typically to deliver a specific product or transformation via a multi-disciplinary digital team. You’ll be adept at delivering complex digital projects, breaking down barriers for your team and both planning at a higher level and getting into the detail to make things happen when needed. Your approach will be open, honest, and respectful while delivering at pace.
Defining project needs and feeding these into the programme/portfolio process will enable resources to be appropriately allocated. You will be core to decisions that build high-performing teams, where people are excited about working for RSPB.
This role is part of our Digital Technology Delivery & Production team, which consists of Programme Managers, Project Managers, Scrum Masters and the Digital Project Management Office, manages the delivery of key technical projects, acts as an interface between technology and business stakeholders, supports the delivery and benefits realisation of the RSPB Technology Portfolio meeting the brand values and business strategy.
* Deliver projects and products using the appropriate agile or waterfall delivery methodology
* Manage stakeholder relationships up to and including senior leadership
* Matrix-managing a multidisciplinary delivery team, creating a one team dynamic
* Managing scope, timelines, resources, budgets, RAIDS, and all other core delivery documentation, in collaboration with our Digital Technology Project Management Office and key leaders across Digital Technology
* Facilitating team meetings including stand-ups, estimation workshops, weekly status, steering committee etc
* Supporting and coaching junior members of the team to grow
* Actively participating in the Delivery Manager community, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in best practice
Skills and experience
* Proven experience in delivering digital projects and products
* Proven experience using a range of agile and waterfall project management methods
* Proven experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity
* Understanding of the digital landscape
* Experience in matrix-managing multi-disciplinary teams
* Coaching and mentoring experience
* A customer-centric approach in all that you do
* A friendly and supportive outlook when faced with challenges
* Excellent budgetary and financial control
* MS Project skills
* Jira skills including Kanban and Scrum ways of working
*There will be a learning and development framework provided.
* Agile Project Management
* Prince 2
* Scrum Master
• Project managers / Scrum Masters / Delivery leads / Traffic Managers / Operational delivery
Our technology teams are all fully remote and flexibility is offered to all employees.
Closing date: 23:59, Tuesday, 3rd January 2023
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position in January 2023.
However, we are actively recruiting this role, so reserve the right to close this position, if we find the suitable applicant sooner.
Please click the apply button to be redirected to our website where you can complete your application.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
No agencies please