Please check your email .
Flexible salary depending on experience paying up to £44k ** Hybrid working ** Flexi hours
As a member of our Agile development team, you will be responsible for designing and developing a green-field C#/.NET instrument control and data analysis application for a brand-new product currently in development. In addition, you will also contribute to the ongoing development and maintenance of legacy C++/MFC software applications in long term support
* Design and develop new instrument control application software.
* Provide ongoing development and maintenance of existing application software.
* Perform unit and/or functional testing of the software to ensure consistent high quality.
* Document the development and use of the software.
* Peer review of software, documentation, and design.
* Ensure all activities are aligned to customer requirements.
* An experienced software developer with 3+ years of industry experience and as many relevant skills as possible OR a Software developer with 1+ years of industry experience and as many relevant skills as possible
* Commercial software application development experience.
* C#/.NET multi-threaded WPF/MVVM application development for Windows 10.
* UX design
* Strong object-oriented analysis (OOA) and design (OOD) skills.
* Comprehensive knowledge of modern software architecture and SOLID design principals.
* Experience with source control software and code-line management best practices.
* Experience working in an Agile software development team.
* Requirements gathering and analysis.
* Experience of Microsoft SQL Server or similar Relational Database Management System
* C++/MFC multi-threaded application development for Windows 7 and 10.
* Experience debugging Client-Server applications.
* Software deployment: MSI, NSIS, WiX.
* Software Tools: Jenkins, JIRA, Git, SVN, Visual Studio.
* Other skills/experience: TDD, UML, WPF, XAML, MVVC, MVC, CI, CQ.
* Ability to appropriately prioritise tasks in accordance with project and company goals.
* Team player who works openly and honestly with others.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Can communicate effectively at all levels.
* Committed to technical excellence and continuous quality improvement.
* Able to work under pressure and deliver to tight timescales.
Offices based in Leatherhead
Hybrid working policy – up to 2 days working from home each week
All levels of experience as a developer will be considered for this role
Salary: £30,000 for one years’ experience, up to £44k with 3 years + experience
28 days holiday
Flexi working hours
Company pension (up to 6% contribution from company)
Cycle to work scheme
Company shares scheme
Refer a friend and earn £100! If you have a friend who is also searching for a new opportunity in the local area, recommend Optima and if we place them (providing they complete their 3-month probation period), you will receive a £100 retail voucher of your choice!
Please note that if you have not been contacted within 5 working days, then unfortunately on this occasion your CV has not been shortlisted.
By applying for this vacancy, you accept Optima Recruitment Limited’s Privacy and GDPR Policy which can be found on our website and therefore gives us consent to contact you.
Optima Recruitment Limited are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy and are an equal opportunities employer