Please check your email .
Post title: Data and Information Governance Manager
Location: Unit 3 Middlefields, South Shields, Tyne and Wear, NE340NT
Salary Band: 8 – £32,909-£34,723
Closing Date: 12:00 30th January 2023
A bit about us…
South Tyneside Homes is a business that people want to work for and with, so having a culture where people can thrive and enjoy work is important to both our vision and how we approach each day.
Our agile and flexible working environment means that we can support you to get the right work/life balance so you can get on with your job and deliver great results for our customers.
At South Tyneside Homes we manage, maintain and improve 17,000 council homes and estates on behalf of South Tyneside Council. Staff are central to what we do and the services we provide. One of our company’s strategic objectives is to be an “employer of choice, efficient and well-governed” and we aim to have a motivated, well-trained and diverse workforce to help us meet the needs of the business both now and in the future.
If you are passionate and feel you can make a positive and lasting impact in South Tyneside, then please read on…
We’re currently looking for a Data Integrity & Governance Manager’s to join one of our amazing Directorate’s to help us deliver exciting new changes across our organisation.
What’s in it for you
We offer a starting salary of £32,909 per annum for a 37 hour week, 27 days of annual leave (rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service) plus Bank Holidays
We also work flexibly, so you will also benefit from being able to work from both home and the office if you want. We offer flexi-time meaning you will also have the opportunity to take a further 12 flexi days per year depending on the requirements and demands of the role.
But that’s not all. We also offer…
- A Local Government Pension Scheme, where we will also contribute 12.6%
- Fantastic opportunities to support your health and wellbeing, including a range of activities through the year, dedicated health advocates, mental health first aiders, Occupational Health Service and a free onsite staff Gym.
- Opportunities for you to have your say on how we develop services, including via Staff Forum and engagement sessions with our Executive Leadership Team.
- Access to affordable leasing options for cars and electronics.
- Reduced cost public transport tickets for travel across Tyne and Wear.
- Modern Offices, all the equipment you’ll need to do your job and a great bunch of colleagues.
And, if that wasn’t enough…
- Our comprehensive induction will ensure we get you on board quickly, you fully understand how the organisation works, you are introduced to your key contacts and have all the support you need to ensure you are successful in your new role.
A bit about what you will get up to…
We are introducing a new Data Manager post that will be pivotal in driving forward the delivery of our newly developed Data Integrity Strategy. You’ll have the opportunity to make your own mark in implementing sound data governance, robust data management and ensuring good quality data. You will also deliver efficiency savings from improved access to data, improved processes and the removal of the need for double entry of data, as well as improving both the customer and colleague experiences.
If you think this all sounds good, then here is what we need from you…
You will have
- A degree in a subject relevant to the position
- Proven Data Management experience within a complex organisation.
- Experience of delivering improvements to operating practices through the delivery of data-based projects.
- Demonstrable understanding of data governance
- Excellent interpersonal skills – being able to build and maintain string relationships throughout the organisation
- An ability to work under pressure and carefully prioritise workloads
This post requires an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to be carried out of which you will need to apply for if your application for the role is successful.
If you are interested by what you have read and meet our criteria, we would love to hear from you. Please select the apply button shown to submit your application via our recruitment portal providing a CV and supporting statement outlining how you meet the criteria outlined in the attached Person Specification. Please ensure that you anonymise your CV supporting statement.
Closing date: Monday 30th January 2023 at 12:00. BT Typetalkers welcome.
Interviews are scheduled to be held in the new year.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any specific requirements during the application process.
South Tyneside Homes are an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
Should you need to apply using an alternative method please contact us.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency