Please check your email .
Software Test Engineer, Abingdon, £35,000 - £42,000pa:
Our market leading global software client is seeking a motivated and customer-orientated Software Test Engineer to join its growing team.
Our client delivers a market leading web based software application. The Software Test Engineer role is critical in ensuring that each product release is a success through a testing strategy that implements continuous testing and improvement.
The followingskills/attributes would make you an ideal Software Test Engineer:
* Experience testing against REST APIs
* Creation and maintenance of Cucumber BDD feature files with Java step definitions, which are executed as part of an automated test cycle
* Familiarity with the Selenium test library, and its use within Java tests
* Knowledge of the Serenity BDD test framework is desirable but not essential
* Prior exposure to Docker and Kubernetes is desirable but not essential
* Maintain and execute legacy test scripts written in UFT (Unified Functional Testing) from HP.
* Working knowledge with the Git and SVN version control systems
* Interactively test new functionality, reporting bugs in the fault tracking application (Jira) and re-testing as needed
* Produce test cases for new functionality, automating as required
* Creation and maintenance of documentation on their wiki pages
* Prior experience of agile methodology, with experience in a continuous delivery environment being beneficial
* Attend and contribute to development sprint planning meetings, estimation sessions, and retrospectives
* A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
* The successful candidate may be required to undergo SC clearance
MARS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other protected status. Suitable candidates for the role will be contacted within 3 working days, unfortunately if you haven't heard back in this time your application has been unsuccessful at this time. MARS Recruitment is a specialist Engineering & IT recruiter working in partnership with companies across the UK and offers services of both an Employment Business (for Temporary/Contract roles) and an Employment Agency (for Permanent roles)