Please check your email .
Manchester, Nottingham, Stockport - Ideally but not essential
Home Based - Home-based. There will be an expectation that the role works from home predominately but as pandemic restriction ease there is an expectation of team meet ups
We are seeking a highly skilled, experienced DevOps Engineer to join our expanding healthcare technology team. You will work alongside our talented team to develop solutions to meet our NHS clients’ requirements. You will be building solutions to deliver the right clinical data at the right time and place for a specific and targeted use case to support both the direct care of patients within the NHS.
You will focus on the provision of Infrastructure as Code using Terraform, Docker and Kubernetes in the AWS Cloud environment throughout all phases of the development lifecycle and must be able to troubleshoot and anticipate errors during each step.
The key accountabilities of the post holder will be:
* Work as an integral part of our team developing healthcare solution to meet our client’s needs.
* Understand client objectives, provide input into solutions architecture and advise on best practice.
* Ensure that software engineering best practice is followed including appropriate testing and documentation.
* Maintenance of codebase including the identification and tracking of technical debt as well as any required mitigations..
Strategy and Development
* Understand the client vision, the overall scope, and how to best achieve client requirements.
* Gather accurate requirements and work closely with stakeholders to prioritize tasks and the scope of development.
Management of People and Resources
* Support the Solutions architect and Data architect in the solution design, delivery and implementation.
* Contribute to architecture of infrastructure to provide solutions that meet client needs while balancing cost effectiveness, scalability, availability, and security.
* Contributing to all phases of the development lifecycle.Design, set up and be responsible for infrastructure provisioning and workflows.
* Writing well designed, testable, efficient infrastructure code including appropriate unit testing and documentation.Assist in defining user stories and features.
* Ensure components follow standards, industry best practice and meet objectives.
* Support preparation and production of releases. Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
Compliance and Risk
* Ensure that there is commitment to high standards in IT / human interaction.
* Ensure Compliance with industry standards including Data Protection Security toolkit, ISO27001 and GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) guidelines.
* To build extensive relationships with client teams as well as internal technical teams.
* Develop and build relationships with
o Suppliers and Partners
Infrastructure provisioning using Terraform
* Containerisation using Docker
* Orchestration using Kubernetes
* Event Messaging using Kafka
* Azure DevOps Pipeline
* AWS Cloud provisioning
* 5+ years of experience, preferably in a corporate setting
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or related field
* Agile Development Process
-GitOps experience and an understanding of the importance of everything as code
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
-Extensive knowledge of best practice and methodologies in design and execution of development tasks
-Ability to set up Deployment and Release workflow and environments
-Ability to write technical project documentation
-Explaining technical complexities to all levels of technical assumption
-Ability to knowledge share
-Provide support to all team members
-Good time estimation skills
-A keen willingness to learn