Please check your email .
Due to continued growth, Fishbone are looking to strengthen our established software development and data analytics team to support the delivery of existing and new projects.
Fishbone has a bespoke data analytics platform known as the Fishbone Information Services Hub (FISH) that provides our customers with a variety of different applications to ingest, host, analyse and display information about the performance of transportation assets and systems.
We are looking to expand the team with experienced software engineers/full stack developers to deliver effective user interfaces and back-end data management.
The role will provide you with the opportunity to work in a small and agile team, with the ability to design solutions from the ground up, with the freedom to develop applications using your preferred methods.
As a Software Engineer, you'll need to:
* analyse user requirements
* write and test code, refining and rewriting it as necessary and communicate with any programmers involved in projects
* research, design and write new software programs (e.g. business applications, support the development of analytics engines etc.)
* develop existing programs by analysing and identifying areas for modification and peer review other team member’s work
* integrate existing software products and get incompatible platforms to work together
* create technical specifications
* write operational documentation with technical authors
* maintain systems by monitoring and correcting software defects
* work closely with other staff, such as project managers, other developers, data analysts and sales and marketing professionals to interpret and implement their requirements
* consult clients and colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems, with a view to writing or modifying current operating systems
* investigate new technologies
* continually update technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications.
* Manage cyber security requirements for applications and ensure that the company remains compliant to legislative requirements
* A software engineering or computer science/engineering degree is preferred but demonstration of relevant equivalent experience will also be considered.
Technical expertise and skills required/desirable
* Proven experience of web app development and front-end design.
* Conversant in cloud computing techniques and database management such as MySQL, NoSQ, Redis, Kafka etc.
* Strong DevOps focus and experience building and deploying infrastructure with cloud deployment technologies as above.
* API development experience using scripting languages such as Perl, Shell etc.
* Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
* Analytics experience in Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence techniques preferable but not essential