Please check your email .
We are currently recruiting for a Network Engineering Team Leader to manage and enable network engineering staff to establish and maintain a global network and its performance by building modern network configurations and connections, troubleshooting network problems and being able to multitask in an efficient and effective manner. This role will be a hybrid working role, based 2 days a week at our Hinckley site and the rest from home. There may also be occasional need for international travel.
How you will Contribute:
About the Role:
* The Network Engineering Team Lead will supervise EMEA NE team members on a day to day basis reporting directly to the Global Network Manager.
* Works with members of other IT groups, peers, and management to solve systems-related issues for internal and external customers.
* Attend weekly/monthly calls with vendors and maintain vendor relationships.
* Attend weekly Problem Ticket management calls and proactively ensure the Network team are updating and closing the tickets quickly and correctly.
* Attend weekly internal Change Control Management calls and support Network Changes.
* Supervise and review new bid requests.
* Supervise and provide oversight on Network Task Control for new sites/launches.
* Supervise and provide oversight on Network refreshes.
* Actively participate, enforce, and follow syncreon’s Change, Incident, and Problem management processes.
* Ensure all Network related configurations and changes meet policy and standards.
* Supervise system upgrades; install OS, maintenance releases, critical fixes, and service packs; assist with application upgrades, installations and systems monitoring.
* Define, create, and deliver documentation - hardware/software configurations, change control, downtime/availability, problem/resolution, procedures, resource usage, etc.
* Responsible for supervising the Network administration, to include the OS, for the following environment: Voice, Video, Switches, Routers, access points, Firewall. (Cisco Knowledge Required)
* Understand and be able to troubleshoot - LAN/WAN interfaces; troubleshoot LAN and TCP/IP issues on servers; DNS and DHCP configuration and troubleshooting.
* Manage and maintain the BGP MPLS WAN backbone of the company.
* Supervise the Wireless network configuration and management. (Airmagnet Experience is a bonus)
* Proactively watches emails for alert notifications from the service desk and resolves or escalates these as required.
* Implement changes for systems for security and compliance as defined by compliance and security team.
* Any other tasks as assigned by Global Network Manager.
* Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
* CCNP certified switching and routing.
* Suitable experience in supervising or managing a regional networks team.
* Strong technical background and capabilities.
* Strong time management capabilities and personal administrative management.
* Strong abilities to manage and influence team members to achieve company goals and objectives.
* Experience installing, configuring, customizing and supporting enterprise applications such as (switches, Routers, access points, Firewall, Intrusion Prevention Systems).
* Previous experience following change management and change control processes.
* Strong troubleshooting and customer service skills.
* Ability to work in a team environment effectively