Please check your email .
Location: Milton Keynes or London
Reports to Head of Security Architecture & Assurance
We are looking for an experienced Digital Security Architect to join our growing Information Security team. Reporting to the Head of Security Architecture & Assurance and working very closely with IT Strategy and Architecture function, you will develop and implement information security architecture and technology solutions to ensure information security and compliance requirements of the organisation as we go through our Digital Transformation Program and beyond. The successful candidate will support the definition of our security architecture for Digital & Data capabilities and create security architecture artifacts (models, templates, standards and procedures) that can be used to leverage security capabilities in projects and operations.
The role demands business insight, technical acuity, and the ability to think, communicate and write at various levels of abstraction.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Ensure alignment between security architecture frameworks and standards and overall business digital strategy
• Serve as an information security expert and trusted advisor to partners in IT and the business
• Work closely with enterprise architects, other functional area architects, and security specialists to ensure relevant and adequate security solutions throughout all IT systems and digital platforms
• Provide security architecture input into I&T strategy, reference architectures (e.g. B2B, Mobile apps, IOT, Application hosting, cloud integration), multi-year architecture road mapping and investment planning
• Contribute to aligning security governance with EA governance and project and portfolio management
• Conduct research into new technologies, architectures, and security products to support security requirements for the digital enterprise, its customers, business partners and vendors
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of the information security strategy
• Analyse business impact and exposure based on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities, and risks
• Demonstrable experience guiding, delivering and/or governing projects around themes of data security, cloud security, IoT, edge compute, hybrid integration platforms, IAM, PAM, CASB etc.
• Experience in developing security architecture artefacts and reference architectures for digital, data and IoT platforms ideally within manufacturing sector or equivalent (e.g. Critical National Infrastructure)
• Experience managing 3rd party service and technology providers through various parts of the lifecycle (security horizon scanning and awareness, RfP/RfI, design, build, operate)
• Strong interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on the ability to effectively influence others and bring security architecture to life for business and technology leaders alike
• A team-focused mentality with the proven ability to work effectively with diverse multi-cultural internal and external stakeholders
• An ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in an easily understood, authoritative and actionable manner
• Demonstrable knowledge of a breadth of application architectures and how different cloud infrastructures support them
• An understanding of the impact of emerging business and end-user technologies on information security requirements and architecture
• Ability to communicate and build relationships outside the IT function and fosters a collaborative working relationship with various stakeholders
• Experience working in an Agile or Scrum environment (desirable)
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field (desirable)
• Extensive experience working in information security architecture or design roles
• Certifications such as CISSP, CCSP, TOGAF, SABSA would be an advantage
• Security design experience in at least one major cloud platform (Azure, GCP, AWS)