Please check your email .
SF Recruitment is currently recruiting for a First Line IT Support Engineer to be based with one of their key clients near to Swadlincote. This is a full-time, permanent position to be based in the office working 40 huurs per week between the hours of 8.30 and 5.30pm, with flexibility on start and finish times.
The role will be responsible for all 1st Line Support issues alongside some 2nd Line support as the role evolves, as this is something that the client are keen for the successful candidate to progress into. This is absolutely a progressive opportunity and so is ideal for someone who is keen to really kick start their career within IT.
The role itself will see you providing technical support to end users who require assistance with services offered by the IT department i.e. fixing technical faults, answering queries or fulfilling requests - anything that is required to allow the user to perform their duties to a high standard. You will also assist with user rights, passwords and user accounts
Main duties will include:
- Identify and diagnose incidents and problems
- Troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by phone or by email) in a timely manner and where required nationwide
- Categorise and record reported queries and requests
- Logging and handling user support calls on a day to day basis
- Escalating tickets as required to Senior support staff, where SLA has breached or resolution cannot be reached in accordance with documented procedures
- Install, maintain, upgrade and decommission hardware, software or network components
- Assist senior support staff in incident, problem or project tasks as required
- Assist in the document creation and maintenance of IT processes and procedures
- Assist in the management of the storeroom, ensuring minimum stock levels are met and ordering equipment through 3rd parties as required
- Take part in post-resolution reviews with senior team members as required
If you have previous 1st Line Support experience, ideally 1-2 years, and you have the drive and ambition to really progress your IT career, then this could be the role for you