Tektronix is part of the Fortive Corporation which has more than $6 billion in annual revenues and holds well-known brands in leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Tek is a place where people are challenged to explore the boundaries of what's possible, bringing the digital future one step closer every day. Our work accelerates technological breakthroughs that are revolutionizing culture and industry worldwide. Through precision-engineered measurement solutions, we work with our customers to eliminate the barriers between inspiration and realization of world-changing technologies. Realize your true potential at Tektronix - join us in revolutioneering a better tomorrow.
Fortive Corporation Overview:
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive's well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution. Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company's operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com
The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as a Fortive Company. Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
• Deliver high-quality software components that meet all project requirement
• Provide reliable estimates for technical work and review task lists for completeness and accuracy
• Create clear requirements from Standards and Specifications for the project team
• Work with the stakeholders to ensure timelines are met, and risk is mitigated
• Establish and evangelize best practices and methodologie
• Work in a cross functional and geographically diverse team to design and develop solutions.
• Apply development expertise to everyday activities to ensure long term scalability and maintainability of software product
• Communicate constantly, usefully, and precisely
• Demonstrate understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and the processes that produce quality products, including Agile method
• Work closely with team members at a company where one of the core values is "The Best Team Wins"
• Have fun while building a career at a company with a long history of appreciating the value of individual contributor
A BE/BS/BTech or MS/MTech in Electronics/Electrical/Communications Engineering
• A minimum of 7-10 years Product Development Experience
• Proficiency in Digital Signal Processing and hands-on development of DSP algorithm
• Proficiency in Serial bus Protocols and parsers and line encoding technique
• Familiarity with C/C++/Matlab/Python • Strong working knowledge on Configuration Management and defect tracking tools like GIT, JIRA and Stash
• Prior participation in standard bodies will be a significant advantage
• Experience in understanding standard specifications (ISO, IEEE etc.) in the protocol domain and translating them into software requirements and code is a must
In addition, demonstrating one or more of the following skills distinguishes a candidate:
• Familiarity with Test and Measurement equipment - Oscilloscopes, Function Generators, Protocol Analyzers, Logic Analyzers, Waveform Generators etc.
• Familiar with handling hardware like test boards, connecting, viewing and analyzing signal
• Prior FPGA development experience
• Familiarity with RF signals and deep conceptual knowledge