Please check your email .
Senior Software Developer JP 9909
6 months initial contract
Hybrid - 3 days on-site, 2 days WFH
Monday - Friday
My high-profile banking client are recruiting for a Senior Software Developer to work in the Dublin based offices on an initial 6-month contract with the possibility to extend the contract and eventually becoming permanent. This is great opportunity.
We are looking for a highly motivated, senior, full-stack .NET Developer to assist with design, development, and support on a browser-based, global financial compliance systems.
An ideal candidate should be self-starting, have a thorough understanding of the technologies outlined in the requirements below, and capable of addressing issues across architectural boundaries. However, primary focus of responsibilities will be in the user experience, which is based primarily in the following: C#, Linq2Db, ASP.NET MVC 5.x, jQuery, Bootstrap 3, Kendo UI, and LESS.
* Works closely with other globally based team members and business partners to design, develop, enhance, test, support, maintain, and debug software solutions that support business units or support functions.
* A senior member of the technical team responsible for assisting senior business leaders and management.
* Contributes to strategic technical direction and system architecture for individual initiatives.
* Employs in-depth knowledge of technological alternatives and business process requirements to recommend innovations that enhance and/or provide a competitive advantage to the organisation.
* Provides total-effort estimation for deliverables for one or more programmers with minimal margin of error.
* Coordinates collaboration with business solutions and other development teams as needed to deliver on time and within budget.
* Provides feedback and technical guidance to project managers on issues of critical importance to achieving business objectives.
Skills & Experience:
* Hands-on software development experience.
* Hands-on experience and a complete understanding of Visual Studio, C#, and .NET Framework development
* Hands-on experience and a thorough understanding of database structural design, query design, execution plan analysis, and stored procedure development founded in Microsoft SQL Server and Transact-SQL
* MUST demonstrate exceptionally clear communication skills
* Direct application development experience in the Global Markets space related to Equities and Equity Derivatives, Fixed Income, Commodities or Prime brokerage
* Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and a demonstrated understanding of database design and query planning & execution
* Experience C# expressions (LINQ & Lambda), thread & memory management, asynchronous development patterns, and data serialisation/deserialization (XML & JSON)
* Experience of user interface design and development, including responsive design and Bootstrap 3
* experience working as a team lead with clear recognition as a technical expert by peers, while making architectural and design decisions
* Experience in the global investment banking industry
* Experience and a complete understanding of HTTP & REST and ASP.NET MVC core concepts (including Routing, Bundling, and WebAPI)
Experience with a proven TDD pattern and framework, such as NUnit or xUnit, as well as mocking (Moq)
* Complete understanding of experience working within Agile methodology
* Direct, hands-on experience with JIRA
* Hands-on experience with Linq2Db, log4net, Telerik Kendo UI, and LESS (or SASS)
* Hands-on experience with data transformation (Informatica or SSIS)
* Experience with Git and the GitFlow branching strategy
* Direct, hands-on experience with Bitbucket, Ansible, Artifactory, and Jenkins
* Direct, hands-on experience with MS SQL Server 2012 or above and SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
* Direct, hands-on experience with web testing and automation via Selenium
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 72 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunity's employer